Ratings for Dr. Salvatore A. Carfagno

I would not recommend! He is very nice and personable, however you will wait hours! I am late in my pregnancy and should be seen at least once a week, there have been multiple times I've gone weeks because he had to leave and they didn't have another appointment available. The office is poorly managed. No reguard for the patient's time. I only went to the practice because of Rachel the midwife, but I guess she left midway through my pregnancy and no one even informed me. I am extremely unhappy, however I am a first time mom new to the area and I am late in my pregnancy so I will have to wait to find another OB-Gyn. Do yourself a favor do not go here!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Best doctor ever :) i cant say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

If you've made a decision not to have children, I'm going to suggest not to see this doctor. He's willing to talk about birth control options but if you're over 30- he's pushy about you having children whether you want them or not. After discussing birth control options, he would add "Or you can just have a baby", like it's nothing, even though I said numerous times I didn't want children. Then he prescribed me pre natal vitamins without a real explanation. I left angry because it was inappropriate. I'm going to work on finding a doctor who is either sensitive to my wishes or is just a gynecologist.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

It have been 7 years since we have our youngest son - Doctor Carfagno and Racheal are always in our hearts. He has tried his best and what ever he could so we could have our baby as well as saved both myself and our son when I went into labor and had our baby at 33 weeks. Never have enough words to thank Doctor Carfagno, Rachael and Staffs.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

This man should have his licence taken away! I have heard so many horror stories about this "Dr" and unfortunately was dealing with one of my own. My daughter in law has had complications her whole pregnancy. She is now in Cooper at 22 wks 2 days pregnant. This man told my son and daughter in law that he would not try to save the baby and they need to stay calm! Stay calm? Are you kidding me?? You see a lot of Drs don't believe a baby is a baby until 24 weeks. Well let me tell you a 22 week old baby has all finger and toes, of course a heart beat and even a little hair. Dr. Carfagno has no compassion for his patients and disregards a premature baby like trash. How dare him play god! The treatment my daughter in law recieved from him is appalling. He is heartless! I would not send my dog to him.

Submitted October 25, 2016

Giving this doctor one star is being to polite. He is a rude, condescending jerk. His practice should specify that they don't want to treat overweight women because that's EXACTLY how this doctor acts. I remember my dealings with him 11 years ago after just having a baby 5 months prior. He beside manner sucked and he made me feel like crap for not having lost all the baby weight. Proceeded to tell me all the dangers of being overweight (as if I didn't already know) and instead of diagnosing what I visited for, which turned out to be an infection left over from my c-section (thanks to another PROFESSIONAL Ob/Gyn) this jackass diagnosed me as being "mobidly obese". Trying to stay as calm as possible, I informed him that I've never weighed less than 150 pounds in my adult life. Even showed him a pic of me before I had my son. I was thick with a flat tummy and a small waist. He looked at the pic and said that I was overweight back then. That's when I ripped him a new one. I told him that not every woman wants to be a stick figure. I came here to find why I'm having other issues that are unrelated to simple baby weight gain. Whether you are done or not, I said, I'm leaving. I came here to leave with answers, not an eating disorder. When the receptionist at the desk asked me if I wanted to make another appointment, I informed her that hell would have to freeze over before I ever came back to this practice. Walked out the door and never looked back. When my sister found out she was pregnant, I asked her who her doctor was. When she said Dr. Carfagno, my stomach did a nervous twitch. I asked how he treated her. Well, she said, he doesn't like fat women. I told her that I wish she'd have asked me about him before seeing and that I knew he was gonna treat her shitty because she's overweight. She told me that he had already depleted her HRA account by sending her for all sorts of ultrasounds and blood work and scoffed when things came back normal, like he couldn't believe that an overweight person can't have diabetes. Tried to force her to take HBP meds even though he knew the risks to the fetus and got nasty with her when she refused. She then informed Dr. Carfagno that her pressure only rose when she knew she had to visit him. 🐸🍵She showed him a log of the readings (all within the normal range) that she took at home, and a log of the foods she ate and how much a day. She told him that walks to and from work (which is 1.3 mi) every day and she has restricted her diet by taking out carbs, junk food, soda, salt, bread, dairy, and meat. This still was not good enough, and even though she hasn't gained back any of the 19 pounds she lost early on in her pregnancy, he was constantly on her about her weight. Even the midwife was concerned about her rapid weight loss and told her to slow down, that the baby needed some carbs to thrive. She informed the midwife that did this because the doctor told her he wanted her to lose weight rather than gain. When she recently gained back 2 pounds, he acted as though she committed some great sin. She left his practice after he berated her for not having found a pedatrician or enrolling in a child birth class(with her baby due in September, I'd say she has plenty of time). This was the final straw. When she visited her new doctor, she took note of how poor my sister's previous prenatal care had been and was astounded. There is a way for doctors to do their jobs and to be welcoming and sympathetic at the same time. Not rude, condescending, unnerving, and discriminatory. Every woman she be able to enjoy impending motherhood regardless of her size. Yes, the risks should be spoken of and understood. I totally agree with that. However, you get more flies with honey than you do with fear and condescension. Someone ought to inform Dr. Carfagno of that.

Submitted June 26, 2016

Great doc Easy to talk with Made visit easy Very knowledgable

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

The wait time is outrageous. Every visit it's always at least two hours past my scheduled appointment time before seeing the doctor. Unacceptable and time to find a new OBGYN.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Carfagno's for the last eight years. I specifically picked this office because Dr. Carfagno is a sole practitioner. This means there is NO other doctor available if he has scheduled patients and needs to deliver a baby via natural or c-section. I was perfectly comfortable in knowing there would be times he may not be available during a routine appointment but he would be there during the birth of any children. I had difficultly in getting pregnant, for no reason at all, and dr. Carfagno was extremely compassionate and sympathetic. Once I did get pregnant he continued to so. I delivered a healthy baby girl then was pregnant two subsequent times after this only to suffer a miscarriage. The first was at 5 months and the second only 12 weeks. I was always impressed with the care and concern I have received fromthis office and especially Dr. Carfagno. I have never encountered any issues with his staff and most have been there long periods of time. I mainly went to the Linwood office but did go on one occasion to the Galloway office and has the same experience there. His nurse practitioner does have a different bed side manner than the doctor but I would in no way say she is rude or in capable. Be prepared to wait if you have an appointment with the doctor directly, however be assured that he will give you as much time as you need during your time with him. Be prepared to wait if you have an appointment with the doctor but be assured that you will have as much time as you need with home during your exam.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Carfagno is great. His physician assistant is horrible. When I made my appointment and showed up I made a point of informing them NO LAB WORK. Dr. Cargano was unavailable and I had to see MaryAnn. I explained my financial situation to MaryAnn. She wanted a test done. She gave this line that there was a program to cover it or they would write it off. Thinking it would cost me nothing I said okay. I got a $298 bill. After contacting the office manager Kim, I was told the bill would be taken care of. I got another bill. Kim refused to call me back. MaryAnn says it was not lab work and I agree to the test. I never got the results. And MaryAnn sent my prescription to the wrong drug store. I will NEVER go back here again.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015