Ratings for Dr. Eric HOFFMANN

Dr Hoffman is an excellent diagnostician, he spotted the early signs of emphysema in my father, found an enlarged thyroid in my mother, and also worked with Dr DaCosta (North Shore Oncology) to treat my mother when she presented with stage 4 breast cancer. He took extra time to discuss her prognosis and our treatment options, often scheduling us for the last appointment of the day so he wouldn't be rushed. I've found Dr Hoffman to be truly excellent in his care, diagnostic ability, and communication with patients. I have chosen him as my primary care physician for those reasons. My only caveat with Dr Hoffman is the front room staff, they are very busy and it can be hard to get through by phone.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

This man has a God complex and makes decisions on whether a person should live or die based on his opinions, and not medical knowledge. He overrides specialty doctors, such as cancer doctors. He does not have any special knowledge in the disease and will let you die, despite cancer docs' medical decisions. He refuses to be proven wrong and tends to be spiteful when this happens. He treats families with disrespect and flaunts his arrogance. He drugged my father to let him die with cancer while the cancer doctor was on vacation. He gave my father 3-4 wks to live. When the cancer doc returned he was horrified and disgusted with this doc's professional judgement and prognosis. It was far from the truth. Then, every weekend he would try to send my father home with hospice (without consulting the cancer doc)and pain meds when we were unable to talk to the cancer doc. The He did not show up to a family meeting with the cancer doc. This doc is a disgrace to the profession.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2007

Dr. Eric HOFFMANN's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)