Ratings for Dr. Steven M. Houser

It took 6 months to get an appointment with him for chronic sinus infections. While there, I had a sinus infection. (Again, I was seeing him because I get lots of sinus infections.) He told me he couldn't see me while I had the infection, gave me antibiotics and steroids to clear it, and told me to come back when it was gone. I did. He examined me- told me I didn't have the issue he expected and told me I'd have to come back with a sinus infection so he could examine me then. (I HAD one when I first came in. If he would have done his job properly- instead of assuming something without even examining me- he would have had already examined me with a sinus infection and gathered the information he was now seeking. First there's the hassle of taking time off work for a pointless appointment- then there is the expense of the unnecessary appointments.) Since it takes 6 months to get an appointment- I'm not sure how he expected me to predict when exactly I would have this next sinus infection. So I just never went back to him.

Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Steven M. Houser

Dr. Steven M. Houser's response
It never takes 6 months to get an appointment, so that is odd. Insurance often requires treatment for a sinus infection before a CT can be obtained. If the CT is negative, then it is NOT chronic sinusitis we are dealing with but possibly recurrent acute rhinosinusitis. The distinction comes between headaches or recurrent sinus infections (that clear immediately with meds = rare). I am sorry your experience was suboptimal. I cannot offer surgery unless someone has a true documented need. Operating for headaches would put you at unnecessary risk, and leave your headaches in place.

Submitted November 30, 2015

I had my tonsils removed by Dr. Houser on January 15th. The pain was quite intense, but it was well worth it. I am still healing. Now I don't have any problems eating, and drinking. I can also breath easier through my nose. You did a great job Dr. Houser. Doctors really don't earn enough credit and it's crazy that athletes earn more than them.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

in the know and caring, helped me a great deal. I have had a terrible nose for years and the surgery made me feel much better

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I had sinus surgery by Dr.Hauser about 2 years ago on my sinuses and he was great. Every visit I ever had with him he was very understanding and caring. He explained things very throughly to me,and my situation is a very complicated one. He never made me feel embarrassed by my poor choices that led to the surgery. He was one of the best doctors I've ever been seen by and highly recommend him to everyone in need of a ENT. He truly is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Doctor Houser was very understanding, knowledgeable and professional. My sinus surgery was one of the best things I've ever done, and one year later I have not hade any recurrences of the problems I had earlier. Great job.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Extremely professional and knowledgeable, I am scheduled for surgery and feel very confident Dr. Houser will correct my breathing issues.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr. Houser is the leading expert on treating empty nose syndrome. He's performed two Alloderm implant surgeries on me and I feel great! The quality of my life has been restored after suffering for years with nasal crusting, bleeding, loss of smell and breathing difficulties caused by a prior sinus surgery. Dr. Houser really takes the time to listen to you and presents several solutions. I've never felt rushed at any of my appointments. He is the best!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2008

Top notch doc. Helped my poor old nose a great deal. I am satisfied. I have sent friends in who also got good care.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2007

I have been to many docs about my sinus issues, but none have wanted to work with me and solve the issue. They have all seemed eager to cut. Dr. Houser worked with me medically for a long time before we went the surgical route. The surgery worked out very well in the end. I am glad I went for skill with this doc.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2007

Dr. Steven M. Houser's Credentials

• Russian

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)