Ratings for Dr. William R. Cox

My main complaint is that if you visit for an actual complaint with specific symptoms and ask specific questions, you get no response, sometimes he won't even look up at you. I was given an order for blood work that had nothing to do with my symptoms, the charges for the blood test alone was over $700, then he required another visit to be late to and spent literally less than 5 minutes saying each test came back normal. as expected. another $174 charge. i got no results, and no other options to my complaint, even tho i all but spoon fed him my diagnosis, dehydration, but what was the cause?? no aldosterone test included in blood work. i highly doubt he even remembered why he ordered the test. this dr is not board certified for a reason, and doesn't have the time, nor concern for legitimate patients. punctuality isn't his greatest virtue, even first thing in the morning when he shows up looking like he hasn't slept in days. save your time and money and find a reputable dr.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Cox has been our family doctor for 20 years. Yes its a busy practice. but he never declined our needs and when we needed an appointment and a call on the weekends he was there for our entire family.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Morning appointments are better, you're not waiting as long.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

I love Dr. Cox!!! He has always been very caring, receptive and non-judgmental of my thoughts on my medical care. I find him to be vey knowledgeable on many conditions and feel that he takes time to explain everything. I don't mind waiting a little longer because I know he will take time with me as well. HIGHLY recommend.....

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Doc never asked my dad { a diabetic } to remove his shoes. When dad lay dying in the hospital Dr Cox walked over to talk to ER doc but never addressed the family. My dad was a patient of his for 15 yrs. You would think he would have the sympathy or empty for the family and the man himself. The family watched him walk by us and out. I will never forgive the hospital not this Doc for not having any concern for us at all. I questioned the care dad was getting and Now I see I should have instated he changed doctors. For some reason he liked Dr. Cox and you can see by this how much he cared for his patient 000 he cared nothing.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

My father went to this so called Doctor.He had diabetes and not once did Dr.Cox check his feet. There is so much this doctor did not do for my father. I begged my father to look for another Doctor. Last year my father got really sick and started losing weight.He did not check him for the sudden weight loss. I finally went and had to catch Dr.cox in the hall and had to start telling him everything. He finally ran test and my father had lung cancer. well the care from all his doctors were barbaric to say the least. On June 12 we rushed my dad to Bethesda and he was having heart failure with we had a bad time with Bethesda also. Dr.Cox was there discussing my dad with the E.R doctor, Dr.Cox walked by the E.R room my dad was in and just walked by like my did not exist. He walked by again I was hoping he would stop and just see my dad for support from his family doctor. My father passed that night. Not even a card from that so called uncaring doctor. Sad my dad wanted to believe in this DR.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Your time is not important to this doctor! As a patient you are left in the examining room entirely too long- sometimes up to 20 to 30 minutes. Communication skills need to improve during and after visits. Dr. Cox needs to make his patients feel he cares enough to do normal office visit procedures. He really should know what has been written in his reports before he comes in to finally see you. Too often you have to ask him why something is prescribed and/or remind him of previous conditions that were checked before (within 6 months or so). He should have his nurses, technicians come in in a timely manner for blood draws,etc. Worst of all, you must make another appointment to get test results!!! They will not give them to you over the phone.This does not happen with other doctors! You do not get a phone call to remind you of an appointment as is the case with other doctors I have used. Yet, he is very quick to bill you if you forget the appointment. I can not recommend Dr. Cox!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Was seeing thus guy for over 1 year. He was late for every appointment. He prescribed me a drug. The next time I went to see him, again he was late, he didn't even remember or write down, in my chart, that he had prescribed the drug. Horrible doctor, with a "Look at me, I'm a doctor" attitude.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

My husband had an appt at 11am. He got there to find the place packed. While he was waiting there was another lady that came in and said she had an 11am appt with Dr. Cox also. Can we say double booking? At quarter till 12, he still not been seen and went to the receptionist. He asked her if they were always this busy and backed up, she hemmed and hawed and finally said yes. There were people in the back examining rooms who had been there for an hour. My husband ended up leaving as he had to be at work, which they were told about when the appt was made. If your time is valuable I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr. William R. Cox's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)