Ratings for Dr. Steve Wade

This is a follow-up to the review dated 10/24/13. Since that time my experience with Dr. Wade and his staff has not been as positive. I've had several incidents with the front office personnel as well as with Dr. Wade himself which have left me feeling disappointed. I have always tolerated a certain level of arrogance from Dr. Wade because he would always balance that with a little humility, but a recent incident, coupled with the rudeness of one of his office staff, has given me no other choice but to seek a new doctor for my children.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr. Wade has been our pediatrician for 9 years. My oldest son, now 18, continues to see Dr. Wade because we just can't imagine starting over with a new Dr. Dr. Wade and his staff are amazing; they make you feel like you are the only patient they have. They are always polite, pleasant, and Dr. Wade always remembers my children's medical history. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wade to anyone in need of a pediatrician. I only have one complaint- Dr. Wade is very conservative in his approach to treatment and referrals. I'm sure this is due to constraints of insurance, etc., but his number one concern is always the welfare of his patients.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Dr Wade is amazing - so gentle and knowledgable. His knowledge and quick action saved my daughters life. Three days in the hospital and she went home happy and healthy! Plus, we have never had an extended wait to see him. I also like that his waiting room is split for sick and well visits. Love love love Dr Wade!!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Wade and his staff are very friendly and welcoming. He is very knowledgeable and has great bed-side manner. He has a talent for calming anxious mothers without saying very much. Dr. Wade, a man of few words, has an enormous heart. Seemingly, his goal is to provide the best medical observation and care to his little patients. I am grateful for all that he has done for my son.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

We first met Dr. Wade in 2007, when I was nearing the due date for my oldest child. We now have two children. He was happy to make time for a sit down with us, which is what I had done with multiple doctors in multiple offices. I left the office feeling certain that he was the doctor for my family. Everyone at Youth Care is wonderful! Always very nice. It is true there's a wait when you're a walk-in (not normally more than 10 or 15 mins, in my experience). However, I am happy to wait, in order for my child to see a doctor I have total confidence in. When I call over the weekend or at night, my calls are always returned within a reasonable amount of time. The doctors always seem happy to help, even after 11 PM on a Saturday evening. The waiting room is divided into a sick/well child side. Everyone is so patient with my children, and their mommy (I ask a LOT of questions, and try to explain EVERYTHING to my munchkins). Dr. Wade, Dr. Stephens, and Staff are HIGHLY recommended.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Doctor Wade has been our childrens pediatrician for more than 11 years. He's very professional and always responsive to telephone calls and or appointments. His staff is exceptional and in particular Maggie is absolutely the best!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Wade has been my sons Dr. for 14 years. He has always been very helpful and polite. He explains things in detail for you. He never rushes like most dr.'s do. I always leave feeling well informed. Highly recomend.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

We "were" longtime insured patients of Dr. Wade's, even through a series bad experiences, until now. His front office staff are very aggravating and we were told on a Friday we could bring our 10 m/o granddaughter visiting from out of state in on a Monday and pay out of pocket $60. On Monday, they told us we couldn't. We had a sick baby all weekend and wasted 3 days on them. The front office needs to be entirely replaced for their incompetence and nonchalance. Also, it is difficult to get an appointment on a normal basis. The office and rooms are so hideous looking, they could make you sick. We are so disappointed in the lack of care and sloppiness there. Never again.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

the staff is great and Dr. Wade speaks to my child like she is a real person he tells her everything step by step how sweet shes not even two yet

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

I found this physician to be an arrogant man. I would not take my children to see him again.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011