Ratings for Dr. Karen S. Columbus

She is just the best! I recommend her highly and often!!Just love her!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

She is the kindness surgeon I've ever met. I strongly recommend her if you are in need of a breast surgeon in Concinnati. Excellent breast surgeon and womderful bedside manor

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

Dr. Columbus does her best to make her patients feel comfortable and confident with her as their surgeon in an extremely stressful situation, but like all of us, she is human and is NOT always correct. After my masectomy she reassured my family that while we would have to wait for the Pathologist's report of lymph node involvement , it was her professional opinion and experience that the cancer had not spread. Unfortunately, she was very wrong. Of the seven nodes removed, cancer was found in all of them. Of course, this was not her fault, but maybe it would have been best to not give information if you were not sure it was correct.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I had breast surgery in Spring 2011 to remove tumors. Dr. Columbus was an incredible suppport, very friendly and non-intimidating. She made me feel like a friend that she cared about, not just a patient... surgery went great, no complications and a quick recovery. She also chose the most non-invasive way possible, and she cared about limiting scars.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Karen stated I needed a mastectomy ASAP! And recommended immediate breast reconstruction with tissue expanders. When I causually and I mean casually mentioned my first surgeon (this was my second time with breast cancer)she was 'curt' with her response "Well you should have gone to Dr. Hasslgren"! I stumbled over my words and apologized. Karen just sat there looking at me. Besides Dr. Haselgren is now practicing in Boston 1100 hundred miles away. How was I to travel such a long distance facing breast cancer? My last memory of Karen is her sticking her head in the pre op room annoucing to my sister, husband AND MY PASOTR "If it wasn't for your BREAST REDUCTION we would have never found your cancer"! So much for the HIPAA act which is posted on her own web site. I never saw her again, no follow up visit...nothing. Overall her attitude was borderline belligerent. I listened to much to my emotions since she is listed as a Top Doc voted by her fellow peers NOT patients. Emotionally damaged.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

Dr. Columbus lived up to her reputation as a good surgeon, but is not conscientious of her follow up of high risk patients.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

I have seen Dr. Columbus for the past 18 mts and have had 2 breast biopsies with her and have found her to be nothing but professional. She has been kind, caring and supportive. Dr. Columbus came highly recommended to me through a friend who had been her patient and who had breast cancer, she also was very happy.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

A family member saw her for years but after a biopsy showed cancer, Dr. Columbus was flippant and joked inappropriately when delivering this news. We were very disappointed in her.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

I can't say enough about Dr Columbus. She made the shocking diagnosis of breast cancer and the subsequent surgeries much easier to get through than I could have imagined possible. Her bedside manner is second to none. I recommend her very highly.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2006

Dr. Columbus is an amazing doctor and surgeon. I have nothing but the highest regard for her abilities and her relationships with her patients, myself included.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2006

Dr. Karen S. Columbus's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1985)