Ratings for Dr. J. Prosen

I have seen him only once in my life and I don't want to see him again. I had terrible pain of my heel spurs for many years-3 or more.He didn't help me at all. He just gave me prescription of strong pain killers pills and recommended to stop working if I'm in such a pain each day. I said I cannot afford to stop working I need another solution.He didn't have one except waiting for improvement after walking with my new inserts.By the way they didn't help me either. I agree he is good listener (not many docs are ).He is also sociable and nice person. But I dont know ...I needed help so badly and I didn't get one.

Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. J. Prosen

Dr. J. Prosen's response
I am a little concerned about this review as it is identical to a review made for Dr. Leavitt. I personally do not prescribe strong painkillers, if a patient needs them for chronic use, I will refer to a pain management specialist to prescribe them. I also do not believe I have ever told a patient to stop working as I understand we all have basic needs and I do my best to help my patients heal enough to maintain their livelihood. I am also a little concerned that even if this patient did in fact see me, I usually discuss the prolonged healing time frame for Plantar Fasciitis (as that is what the description of symptoms leads to this particular diagnosis). I generally start with non-invasive treatments including: Rest, Ice, Increased arch support, and stretching exercises. I let patients know there are dozens of other treatment strategies including cortisone injections and in rare cases even surgery, but I will generally only consider invasive treatments once we have exhausted the non-invasive options. If this is indeed a patient, whom I actually saw, I would strongly encourage you to follow up with me to give me more than one chance at helping alleviate your pain. In all fairness, having a condition for over 3 years will almost never be cured in one doctor's visit. I generally do not charge a copay for follow up visits, so you really have nothing to lose, and even if I can't get rid of all your pain, I am sure within a few visits, I can help you achieve at least a 50% pain reduction.

Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Prosen is amazing! I have seen him on several occasions for various foot ailments. He is very knowledgable...and it shows in his work. He prides himself in ensuring his patient is comfortable. From my personal experience, I find he is super gentle (he makes surgeries virtually painless). He is also a sociable Doctor who has a great sense of humor. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr. Prosen is the only doctor my 95 year old grandfather recommends. Has seen him every few weeks for 20 years. A genuine person with a personable yet professional attitude. Very recommend

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I've seen Dr Prosen a few times at the Hermitage Medicenter regarding an old WCB injury that alluded another Podiatrist. Within a couple of appointments he started to zero in on the issue to bring me some welcome relief from the pain. I found him to be a good listener with a very slight southern US accent. Although he is soft spoken, he also has a bit of a sense of humour. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a Podiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

I went to see Dr. Prosen for a very infected ingrown toenail. He was very gentle and ensured that everything was frozen (including my skin before the needle) before extracting part of the nail. He was also very punctual, I saw him within a couple of minutes of being in the room. I definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Prosen for the treatment of planters warts on children. He is very gentle and his procedure is extremely effective.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr. John made me feel very comfortable and was excellent.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

I love Dr Prosen. I have various foot problems including hammertoe and ingrown toenails. He is very gentle. The first time I went to him I was traumatized as the previous podiatrist had hurt me badly but Dr Prosen was very compassionate and was extra careful to treat me gently. He also referred me to an excellent surgeon for my Hammertoe.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I have seen doctor Prosen a few times and he has been very helpful I would recommend him for any foot problems

flag | Submitted December 24, 2007

Very nice. I've only been to him a couple times but so far I'm pleased

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

Dr. J. Prosen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• McGill University (Grad. 1996)