Ratings for Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost

Will never go back to this doctor. Very abrasive, unhelpful, arrogant, and only interested in payment up front, even when insurance states no co-pay necessary.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

She is very knowledgeable and kind. I DO NOT like her rude staff,and the fact that I have insurance with 0 copay,and I have to pay for the visit UPFRONT and then go back after I get the EOB and take time out of my day to get a refund check from her for the amout I overpaid!!!! I have never had that experience with a doctor in my life!!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

cant think if you talk does not take united health care blue cross and blue sheild will wait to your appointment to let you know she dropped your insurance

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Worst experience ever with an Endocrinologist. She was dismissive, arrogant, and not up to date with current hypothyroidism treatments. Don't waste your time with her.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

I am relieved to see that I am not the only one who has had a horrible experience with her. I have officially fired her as my doctor. I will never go to her office again. Over the years, I have felt like I was part of an assembly line. She gets you in an out as quickly as possible and does not listen to anything you have to say. She makes no time to talk to or to connect with her patients. The last time I was there she was trying to give me advice that is just not possible with my working life, and I was desperately trying to explain this to her so we could make a plan together that was workable. She absolutely refused to listen to me to the point that I was in tears, begging her to let me talk to her. She then snapped at me like I was making her angry and was quite rude. She does not care to know anything about her patients or their lives or what obstacles they have that might contribute to their failing health - she only cares about getting you in and out of her office. Never again. I recommend her to no one.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

The worst experience ever!! I will never return or recommend anyone to be subjected to such terrible treatment. As a fellow heathcare provider, I could not believe some of the words that came out of this woman's mouth. On my very first appointment she told me that I was unable to lose weight because I am lazy. Are you kidding me!!! (Mind you that is not even close to the reason that I was there to see her) I am very physically active. I go hiking multiple times per week, participate in yoga twice a week and TEACH A FITNESS CLASS. If that's considered lazy then I don't know what active is. She then decided to put me on Metformin which is a drug used for diabetics (I am not diabetic) at a dosage 3X's higher than what my grandparents (who are diabetic) were taking. After months of the metformin ravaging my digestive system I returned for a follow up appointment with Dr. Daneshdoost and the results from my bloodwork in hand which showed no change to any results and had also not aided in helping me lose any weight. Thanks to this idiot I am no closer to finding out a diagnosis and my insurance was charged for months for a medication that did nothing.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Daneshdoost for a very short period of time. I think she is awful! She absolutely does NOT listen to her patients and is very dismissive of their physical complaints. By the time someone ends up in a specialist's office, they've exhausted other scenarios. She should be aware of that and should be willing to listen, especially as a female with female patients! She is ALL about blood-work with no thinking outside the box. She told me my case was complicated. I said fine, I'm compliant and am willing to put forth effort to better my health. She basically reiterated that my case was complicated and that I should accept that. I was shocked! I realized that it's just that she doesn't have answers. Needless to say, I moved on. But I've heard a few other people who made the mistake of going to her and had similar experiences. She's old and should consider retiring because clearly, her career isn't stimulating enough to her anymore.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Waited for 45min. I sent her 3 blood test from the last 3 years, she suggested I had stuff that I tested negative for. She ordered blood test and I had to wait 45min for her to call the lab back to clearify her perscription. I felt my over all symptoms of hairloss and not being able to grow toe nails were dismissed. Just the TSH test was looked at.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

she is the best. she found stuff that my regular doctor didn't find ,complete exam. just the best thanks to her i'm back on track

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

the office staff is rather slow and not able to properly send over prescriptions to mail order pharmacy. One time the secretary left the wrong dosage for a medication on my voicemail. I expressed my concern to the doctor and well she was very dismissive about my concern. They also don't have their files oraganized well. Constant need to follow up on stuff that they are supposed to do.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Coventry Healthcare