Ratings for Dr. Dean J. Gobo

My Mother went to see this Dr for Back Surgery. She went in and had the surgery done. After the Surgery she was sent home even after my Mother voiced concerns about the pain she was feeling. During the weekend my Mother was in such pain she cried through the weekend. She called the Dr and told him she was going to call the Paramedics to transport her to the Hospital. He told her not to do it that they wouldn't do anything for her anyway. He told her to wait till Monday and just come in to see him. When she finally saw him on Monday he told her she looked like death warmed over and immediately admitted her into the Hospital. To get to the point when he did the Back Surgery he clipped her intestine and she was leaking body waste into her body which was causing Septic Poisoning. They informed me she had a Infection and they were giving her Antibiotics. After a couple days in the Hospital and no improvement. They found out Her Intestines had been cut. She ended up with a Colostomy Bag, and Blood Transfusion. But her symptoms continued to get worse. Eventually she passed Away , due to Septic Poisoning due to the bad surgery and Heart failure. My Mother was in perfect health besides Back Problems and died unnecessarily and unexpectedly. The Dr received no repercussions in this matter. Based on the Dr uncaring behavior and lack of immediate care from a surgery mistake that cost my Moms life I would not recommend this Dr to anyone. Being the only son the Dr or his office never contacted me after my Moms death to at least give condolences.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

I was referred to him and liked his straightforward approach to explaining exactly what the situation was, my options and what each might mean, direct, to the point and clear. I asked to rule out other things prior to surgery which we did through tests and xrays. My surgery was booked at my convenience and the hospital facility was A+, upon release I was given a status, explanation of what to expect and a follow up timeframe. Almost no scar from the start and 3 months later released from care. Life is much better without the pain and frequent Chiropractor visits. Still need to limit lifting heavy stuff.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Extremely knowledgeable and was VERY good with us. VERY highly recommended!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Great doctor, havehad several surgeries performed by him for severe injury and also had family member have surgery. very helpful and always very attentive. A great man with a great degree of knowledge. This field is very tricky and results can vary per user and his patient load from experience is very high due to his high qualifications in the Florida area.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Great Dr. my life is so much better since the surgery.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

dr gobo came HIGHLY recommended but failed me miserably...i trusted him to educate me on my condition and he failed to do that and b/c of that my quality of life sucks...i will say that for regular run of the mill neuro stuff hes great BUT if u have a rare condition u might want to find another ns!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

May be a talented surgeon, but unless you want to find out that your mother has terminal metastatic cancer and is going to die shortly in front of a waiting room with 15 other people in it, I'd suggest finding another surgeon. When surgery completed too lazy to come out in waiting rm to speak to family, simply called us on cell phone so both my father and I weren't able to ask questions. I've been a preop nurse for many years, and even I was shocked and appalled. Never seen anything like this in all my years of nursing

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

Dr. Dean J. Gobo's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Wellpoint