Ratings for Dr. Samuel Y. Chan

dr chan was extremely helpful in a time of extreme pain. He helped manage the pain, reduce the impact on my life, and made things better. I wish I could say the same about every other position that I have seen, but dr chan did what he said he would do, and made it tolerable to experience the treatment. I saw no signs of rudeness, no signs of being rushed, or any other difficulties reported elsewhere. Nothing but a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

The most compassionate & professional Doctor.He came highly recommended by another physician. I could not be happier. The peace of mind he imparts during your visit is extraordinary. Very caring and patient!!! Thank you Dr. Chan!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

I have been on work comp for about 15 years. During that time, I have seen countless doctors - some good, some bad. This experience took the proverbial cake, however. Rude & nasty - the complete opposite of helpful & caring. The few minutes I spent with him were enough. My appointment was rushed & I didn't feel he listened to me AT ALL. I have been on extremely high narcotics for many years - I told him I would like to try to cut back (if not get off meds totally) & asked if he could help me do that. I asked that specifically three times. I never got a straight response - nor did I get a refill for my meds. I felt like his staff considered it my honor for him to see me. I will never go back. I would never have him treat a family member or friend. I hate to leave negative reviews but I feel doctors fill important roles - if there is a really bad one, people should know. Same if they are exceptionally good. Bottom line: Dr Chan's office is just bad news.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

What a horrible experience and doctor. He made me feel like i am crazy for the way i felt. Do not waste your time going to see Dr. Chan, choose another doctor. His staff is rude and just plain mean. Dr. Chan himself is just there to collect his $, get you in and out, wont listen to you and he treats you like he doesnt care. He made me feel horrible. Worst experience ever!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Worst experience of my life with a Dr., I was given a 10 minute acupuncture session, a 4 minute talk with the Dr., then his incredibly rude assistant ripped the needles out of my skin, and told me my appt. was over before he even wrote me a prescription. She told me he was too busy to see me and I'd have to make another appt. I went to another pain doctor and had no issues whatsoever. For people in pain, I wouldn't recommend this Dr. or his staff due to the inability to even be the least bit compassionate. Seemed to me like it was a money mill - get as many patients in and out as fast as possible.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

I have never experienced a physician as patient and kind as Dr. Chan. He effectively communicated with my husband and treated him with the dignity and respect he deserved.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2008

Dr. Chan is very upbeat and positive. Listens very carefuly and takes his time. Great docotor!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

Dr. Samuel Y. Chan's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1990)