Ratings for Dr. Doris E. Hossalla

I am in the middle. I would give Dr. Hossala and the physican assistant a full smiley face just for their bedside manner..they are are very friendly. However, after 10 years they still don't know my child's name. Her orthodontist sees her less but knows her by her name and even comments on how she's grown.also converses with her on personal level. No one at this dr. office ever notices...it's not the personal touch I was hoping for. My daughter really has no relationship with this doctor and she is supposed to be the one she can go to when she's a teen to talk about things she may be uncomfortable talking about to me. So if she has a cold, this Doctor or assistant does fine..so does the RediClinic. I just don't feel the personal level with the patients is there for my child, which is important to me.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

I have 2 children one 24 and the other 17. Both saw Dr. Hossalla from birth. She was WONDERFUL! As with all doctor's offices you just have to be patient. Her practice is growing cause she is so good. The office staff is positive if you come in positive and polite. Dr. Rose and Ellie are also wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

We love Dr. Hossalla - she is great with my 2 girls and has consistently been right on top of any problem we have. The office is very good about checking back with us about how they are doing after a sickness visit. The staff is usually courteous and they answer phone calls quickly. My girls are in good hands.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

My kids have seen Dr Hossala for 12 years now. She is the example that I hold any pediatrician to. Her office is a busy one, but I have never been unable to see a doctor and the staff know my kids by name.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Long waits, lots of paper work everytime you go in, you never see the actual doctor, and the administrative staff seems cold and unwelcoming

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

She is very polite, and good with my daughter. She is a very positive doctor as well. Never had a bad thing to say.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2009

We have had scheduled "well baby" appointments and end up waiting 2 hours to be seen. I do not feel that our questions have been answered. We took our child in numerous times with the same symptoms and were blown off only to discover that the symptoms were related to multiple food allergies - and a severe peanut allergy that causes us to carry an Epipen. It is not possible to see Dr. Hossalla if you make an appointment for the same day. You are usually seen by a nurse practicioner. They have one "well baby" room (a small office) but if your baby is 4 mo. or older you apparently do not qualify and wait in the lobby with all the other sick children. However, if you ask to be moved to the room they will let you if it happens to be available. I also agree with the previous review that the staff can be rude. Dr. Hossalla, herself, is a very nice person but a little forgetful.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2008

The office staff is unprofessional and rude at times, does not relay policies very well, wait time is long. When I complained about the same they dropped me after 10 years. The practice is growing and the attention is not there any more.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

Dr. Doris E. Hossalla's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal