Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Mason

Surgery from C2-C7 to router out the blocked nerves. Cut open from the base of my skull to shoulder level down the back side of my neck. Imediately after surgery in the recovery room there was a trapeze bar that I picked myself up with I could not get nurses help with buzzer for needing to urinate. I tore up the surgery so not only did I have surgery pain I was in excursiateing pain for months and (now years) when asking Dr. Mason why his explanation was I had a very big surgery and it would take time to recover (this was in 3-1990) I've been in constant pain since. When you physically look at my neck it is twisted and has a deep hole (left side) at the 4-6 cervical level. Chiropractor treatments helped some over the years but now my thorasic area is degenerating. Also went through fusions of level 4-5-6 seven years ago with two disc replacements.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Mason performed a lamanectomy on me in Dec. 2003, and my life has never been the same. I have been in constant pain since the operation and on fentynal pain medication ever since. He is, according to my mathematics, 75 years old, and cannot remember what he says from his office to the examining room. I took my daughter with me for my last appointment (9 months after surgery), and he contradicted himself no fewer than 5 times during the 20 minute visit....on major issues. Based on my experience with Dr. Mason, he is simply too old to be performing extremely serious surgery, or any surgery for that matter....

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

Dr. Michael S. Mason's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1955)