Ratings for Dr. Elinor A. Schottstaedt

Office staff leaves a lot to be desired. Make sure the staff does not overcharge your credit card/debit card for office co-pays. That happened to me and it is virtually impossible to get a refund of the overpaid amounts.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr.Schottstaedt is an excellent, excellent doctor. Communicating with her through staff is a virtual impossibility. For example, I send my doctors updates of my prescribed meds (with changes) on a monthly basis. Finally, when a list was presented--when, that is, the doctor actually became aware of my actual needs, she found (Surprise, surprise) several errors. These were largely based on miscommunications and an inability to make important clarifications in a timely way. They had been built up over a period of time; specifically, the same period of time during which I had been actively seeking corrections and the same period of time when my written requests were being thrown into a circular file. Since the staff interacts with the doctor on a daily basis, my insistence that I've been trying to raise the very same concerns for months get filtered through in ways that makes it appear that I'm being careless about my health.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Excellent physician (experience with elderly mom). Incredibly helpful, efficient, and kind office staff. In 7 years, nearly always taken in on time waiting short time only once. Dr. Schottstaedt practices brilliant medicine, listens carefully, does not rush patient, and assists family understanding in ways I have NEVER seen with other physicians. Has created a quality of life for my elderly mom not thought possible.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

we have had dr schottstaedt for mother for years and i have been so impressed with her knowledge i decided to make her my primary doctor. She has an incredible breadth of knowledge and is like a detective until she finds out what is wrong with you.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

I saw Dr. Schottstadet for a year or so. She was helping me with asthma and diabetes. She insisted on seeing every month, alsthough my asthma was under good control. She refused to help me with my diabetes as I was obese, and she said to loose weight.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2008

Saw Dr for issue with what first appeared to be the lungs. As time went on, it became evident to me that this issue was related to the abdomen. The Dr wanted to continue lung related tests and I requested scans of the abdoment and explained, in detail, why I thought this. The Dr refused to do anything unless I came in again and spend another $50. I had seen her several times already and she was clear on the issue. She outright refused to speak to me on the phone saying she her time is valued and if I want to talk to her, I'd have to pay for it(As relayed by her staff, 1/5 weeks after I requested to talk to her). Needless to say, I found someone else who has confirmed the issue to be muscle and possibly ligament related, in the abdomenal area. Not the lungs!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

Dr. Elinor A. Schottstaedt's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1982)

Lumenos