Ratings for Dr. Bala R. Subramanyam

As with a growing number of health care providers on the upper east side of NY, this office demands payment up front. They discourage all insurance. And they display exasperation when challenged on this point. They are not retailers, they are health care providers! That is one of the adjuncts of their services. I will never go back nor will I recommend this facility to anyone. I am currently posting bad reviews in as many places as possible. And I will complain to my gynecologist. Please go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

I would NEVER recommend Dr. Subra to anyone. My experience with him from start to finish was deplorbale. I went in for an emergency ultrasound before surgery knowing that I had a miscarriage. I told him and his staff that I was well aware of the problems with the pregnancy due to a sonogram that was done and that I did NOT want to see any images or hear anything during the ultrasound; I was upset enough as it was. After waiting 35 minutes and falling asleep in the waiting room, the ultrasound was performed. He moved the screen so it was pointed directly at me and the sound was on. He was NOT gentle in any manner, and then pronounced after maybe 2 minutes, "The pregnancy is bad. It isn't a good pregnancy, it is wrong. Sorry." If that wasn't traumatizing enough, they filed my insurance claim incorrectly, and then proceeded to harrass me for payment. I reiterate, if you are looking for a physician that is understanding Dr. Bala and his staff are NOT it, they are beyond sub par.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

He doesn't say much and is not friendly but nice enough. Sono is very thorough and seems to be good at what he does. I've gone several times and the experience has always been the same.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

His sonograms were very thorough and his manner was fine. He answered all of my questions and I was happy with my visits. The reports always went to my doctor immediately.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Horrible, terrible, awful bedside manners. This doctor completely lacks EQ and has no compassion. Don't ask any questions b/c he will make you feel like an idiot. If you have to go to him, just wait and discuss the results with your primary care provider.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

Dr. Bala R. Subramanyam's Credentials

• Bangalore Med Coll, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1971)