Ratings for Dr. Joel D. Thompson

Thompson is one of the now-disappearing breed of professional physicians, He uses all available information to make a diagnosis, and then he recommends the best course of treatment. He answers all your questions in detail.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Google Joel Thompson MD lawsuit... apparently on probation with the state licensing board inappropriate behavior with a patient: I want a physician I can trust and respect and Dr. Thompson doesn't seem to fit my standards. (http://azmd.gov/GLSuiteWeb/Repository/0/0/5/2/faa8e244-e007-4ba4-b8e4-136e41b71cb7.pdf)

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Compassionate, talented, concerned. Best in Tucson!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Money-hungry slime bag, said to me when I told him I wanted to hold-off having carpal tunnel surgery, "LOOK GUY. I DON'T GIVE A**** WHETHER YOU HAVE THE SURGERY OR NOT! Most unprofessional statement ever made to me by supposed physician! A real hunk of SCUM, THIS FELLOW! Stay away at your own risk!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I have had 5 surgeries by Dr. Joel Thompson including 2 total shoulder replacements, one endoscopic carpel tunnel, one trigger finger(s) repair and one other surgery. On every occasion, he was the utmost professional and diagnosed my problems quickly. My surgeries ranged from in-patient (shoulder replacements) to office procedures. His therapy regiment was direct and effective. I had one pain complaint and he pointed out the exercise to solve my problem. I had been lax in my resistance band exercises. His assistant and office staff were all outstanding. My only complaint is that it may take several weeks to get an appointment with the doctor. His skills are in very high demand.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Joel Thompson is tops for hand and shoulder problems. He combines efficiency and skill with warmth and kindness. A rare combination these days! I was lucky that an ER nurse told me about him when I had a broken wrist. I've seen him for other unrelated hand/shoulder problems since then and would recommend him without reservation. However, though the staff at the Camp Lowell office is nice, those at the newer Oracle location seem impatient and not a bit patient friendly even when the office is quiet.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

The story regarding my rotator cuff repair is a long saga indeed. However, the part I love to convey is that I finally located a physician, Joel Thompson, who has given me much confidence in his ability and my recovery. Also, I'd like to mention that I did see and confer with a few physicians along the way before choosing Thompson. I am now well into Physical Therapy and felt ready to leave some positive comments on this website.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Wow...Surprised to see any negative comments about Dr. Thompson. He was referred to me from a friend that had hand surgery. I had an accident with a horse in 1997. After 2 surgeries and many problems, I went to see him in 2004/2005. What an amazing doctor. Didn't rush me into surgery, he first started therapy to see if that would help. When we realized that wouldn't work and I had further issues, we agreed on surgery. It's now the end of 2011 and my shoulder is better than it ever has been. He called me the night before my surgery to make sure I was ok and if I had any questions. He called me the night after also. Have you ever heard of a doctor doing so??? I have not. Thank you Dr. Thompson, and thank you for improving my life!!!!!!!!! Evan.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I have had two hip replacements, one shoulder replacement and due for a second shoulder replacement. Generally speaking, orthopedists are a unique breed if they have any sort of good reputation, their offices are packed. I think the practice that Dr. Thompson is part of have an efficient and well run office and he is very much in demand.My shoulder replacement surgery was uneventful and Dr. Thompson's follow-up care was thorough and attentive. I have never seen such fine sutures that left virtually no scar. His bedside manner is upbeat and sometimes brutally honest - just the way I like it. I don't really like going to see doctors but I'm never apprehensive about my appointments with him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Had a messed up shoulder since a 1987 cycle accident. Repairs by some other doc failed to keep up with me over the following 20 years. In March of 2007 had rotator cuff repaired by Dr. Thompson, and rigiourly followed care instruction and therapy. I was completely repaired in four months and I could even workout with bar bells again. Got in another cycle accident which trash the doctors good work. Going back in to have the new tear repaired because I trust the doc. If you do not take care of yourself/health/weight I can see not getting cottled by this doc. Think team concept toward maintaining health. He's a mechanic, in a very good way. I am scared and unhappy about the need for the surgery but not at all concerned about the doc.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

Dr. Joel D. Thompson's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

First Health Network