Ratings for Dr. Gilbert Dru

dangerous, years ago i went to see him. I went to see another Doctor in another Province and it was clear that I was miss diagnose according to a leading professional in another province, i would seriously recommend a second opinion. i personally qualify him as dangerous and it is my opinion that he should under investigation. I now have been off Medication for over 10 years thanks to the good care or Doctors, there is good Doctors out there, DR. Dru is not one of them.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

This is a terrible Doctor . he DID NOT , listen to my child , did not even TALK to him ! decided to change my son 's current medication for another one he said was going to be better . when I dared ask question he got rude with me , telling me he was the specialist and that he knew what was best for my son . I did as he told me , change his medication and my son ended up in the hospital . DR KAMBA , was furious that Dr Dru decided to change the med he prescribed ! BE WARNED , HE IS ONLY A PILL PUSHER , HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENT ! HE IS A DANGER TO SOCIETY !

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

only talked to me for 5 minutes before telling me to take prescription meds. then when I wanted to read side effects and educate myself on this drug told me there were no side effects and I shouldn't read the information that came with the prescription. Ive only seen him 3 times. and each visit the same. 5 minutes of conversation then told to take drugs...aren't psychiatrists supposed to spend time talking with their patients? next appointment I will be asking for a referral to another psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

this Dr was very helpful to me ,I m convinced he is very competent…

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Un dangereux!!! Vaut pas de la marde! après avoir presque tué mon enfant s'tun pas d'allure!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

My husband has been seeing Dr. Dru for approx 15 years,the last 10 about every 6 months, due to bipolar disorder. He has been wonderful. Other than maybe 2 visits I have been there. He doesn't talk much but asks the right questions and listens very carefully. We are both extremely thankful to have him. We have moved to Quebec and have kept him even though it means driving 1 1/2 hour and paying a little out of our own pocket since QC doesn't pay the same a mount as NB. Yes, he has tried many meds but has to so he can find the right mix. Would definitely recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Too quick to change medications without allowing them time to work; actually told me the meds he prescribed to my daughter had "no side effects", which is completely untrue of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. He shows a lack of compassion and patience needed to deal with younger patients. He also ignored my concerns about my child's course of treatment. While I appreciate his immediate care for my daughter, it was the fabulous nurses at the hospital and her regular therapist who met her medical and emotional needs. I'm formally requesting he be taken off my child's treatment and follow-up care.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Not Worth to be call a DOCTOR!!!! As a mother who almost lost her kid last weekend ...Just hope you Mister Dru sleep well because me I cannot.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Dru's since he diagnosed me with bipolar disorder at the Chaleur Regional Hospital over a year ago. I have met with him many times since then and the quality of his care has always been exceptional. He is very easy to talk to and will show a genuine interest in you and your issues. He has gone above and beyond expectations with me by organizing a meeting for myself and my immediate family to discuss my diagnosis and how it would affect us. He also helped me access resources beyond his office and was open about discussing all of the treatment options available to me. I would highly recommend Dr. Dru to anyone looking for a caring, attentive, and professional physician.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Dr. Dru has been helping me with both my children and he is wonderful. Anytime I need an appointment, there is no wait time. He listens and helps. He is an excellent doctor and both my children like him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011