Dr. Michael W. Cantrell

Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Cantrell

Dr Cantrell and his team were incredible. Sometimes, I would have to wait a bit, but I understand that emergencies come up. They were worth the wait!!!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Rotator Cuff repair. All went well and recovery/rehab was much better and quicker than what I had read about online. I was impressed with Dr. Cantrell, his staff and the care I received from them.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Non serious injury, quick analysis and sent me to physical therapy. Short and sweet to the point. Workers comp injury and I was treated fairly and equally in my mind.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I just had my first and last appointment with this doctor. I must say this was the creepiest and most dismissive doctor I have ever met. Of all the doctors I have met, I've never met one quite like Dr. Cantrell. Dr. Cantrell was unable to communicate any recommendation for treatment. He made it quite clear during our conversation, three times in fact, that he is a surgeon. Dr. Cantrell was new to me having been a patient of Dr. Goodson. Dr. Cantrell expressed his dissatisfaction with Dr. Goodson and his treatment plan, but was unable to communicate why he felt it should not be followed. There was no opportunity at all to discuss risk-benefit of how he would do things differently. I am very disappointed in Dr. Cantrell's behavior during this visit and will seek another doctor. Again, just absolutely creepy for a doctor to not engage the patient in the conversation...

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

He treats workman's comp patients like trash while the rich (paying)Jones Valley crowd gives him glowing reviews.Read several reviews and you'll see the trend!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had a great experiance with my visit and care. Staff are very helpful and friendly. The wait for your scheduled appointment was right on time. Dr Cantrell is very knoledgeable and skilled.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Cantrell is very straight to the point and lets you know when you start rambling. I did not like this at first but his job is to get the correct diagnosis, not to be your friend. Excellent surgeon, scars barely visible 2 months after surgery.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Excellent fine work in my surgery no scars his knowledge aous

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

First of all I thank my Good Lord for my quick recovery. Then I thank my Doctor for all the care I received from him and his staff. Thank you to all , God continue helping you so you can keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Cantrell is an amazing doctor. He changed my sisters life in so many ways. He operated on her knee and now everything is perfect. Thanks to him and his staff there is no more pain for her.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Michael W. Cantrell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Cantrell is a member of The Orthopaedic Center Sports Medicine Team. Board certified in orthopaedic surgery and AO Fellowship trained, Dr. Cantrell has earned the Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He specializes in arthroscopic and open reconstruction of the shoulder and knee. This includes shoulder and knee arthroscopy, tendon repair, and ligament reconstruction. Dr. Cantrell applies the least invasive, most effective techniques in surgical treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries and other orthopaedic conditions. Also Board Certified in Ringside Medicine, Dr. Cantrell is a USA Boxing and United States Olympic Committee Physician, providing sports medicine coverage for events such as the U.S. Olympic Team Trials and World Championship Professional Boxing. He is a team physician for Oakwood University, Rocket City United Soccer Team, Huntsville Gymnastics Center, and Southern States Gymnastics. Dr. Cantrell works with the Huntsville Havoc and the Alabama Hammers, as well as several area high schools. He is a former team physician for the University of Mississippi, as well as a former U.S. Air Force Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon.

• English

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)
  • University of Mississippi Medical Center (Grad. 2002)

• Dislocated shoulder