Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Cantrell

He treats workman's comp patients like trash while the rich (paying)Jones Valley crowd gives him glowing reviews.Read several reviews and you'll see the trend!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had a great experiance with my visit and care. Staff are very helpful and friendly. The wait for your scheduled appointment was right on time. Dr Cantrell is very knoledgeable and skilled.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Cantrell is very straight to the point and lets you know when you start rambling. I did not like this at first but his job is to get the correct diagnosis, not to be your friend. Excellent surgeon, scars barely visible 2 months after surgery.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Excellent fine work in my surgery no scars his knowledge aous

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

First of all I thank my Good Lord for my quick recovery. Then I thank my Doctor for all the care I received from him and his staff. Thank you to all , God continue helping you so you can keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Cantrell is an amazing doctor. He changed my sisters life in so many ways. He operated on her knee and now everything is perfect. Thanks to him and his staff there is no more pain for her.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr Cantrell is the most dismissive arrogant doctor I have ever encountered. He acts like he's paying you for his service. He immediately walked in the room and said there is nothing I can do for you continue doing home physically therapy. I have a bad knee with a meniscus tear. Since my last appointment I had developed swelling and fluid accumulation in my knee. Before even accessing my knee or greeting me he tells me what he cannot do. He was out like a thief in the night. I will never return and I am under the care of a great doctor at Sports Med. Dr Cantrell is rude and based off the comments from other reviews this is who he is. If you don't like people find something else to do. This is not volunteer work. His staff was great.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

17 year old child is unable to run 6 months post surgery. We didn't get questions answered. My child has a soccer scholarship at div 1 school that we are likely going to lose now. We are heart broken. We have no confidence he even did the surgery correctly. My 17 year old is devastated,

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

He and some of his staff are very rude. Not helpful at all my son cracked his wrist at school and the ER doctor show me and my son were the crack was on the X-ray on the day it happened. Then a couple of days later Dr. Cantrell and his nurse told us that there was nothing wrong with his wrist. And refused to write a school execute for my son for the few day we had to wait for the appointment.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

He is by far the rudest and least helpful doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Michael W. Cantrell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Cantrell is a member of The Orthopaedic Center Sports Medicine Team. Board certified in orthopaedic surgery and AO Fellowship trained, Dr. Cantrell has earned the Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He specializes in arthroscopic and open reconstruction of the shoulder and knee. This includes shoulder and knee arthroscopy, tendon repair, and ligament reconstruction. Dr. Cantrell applies the least invasive, most effective techniques in surgical treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries and other orthopaedic conditions. Also Board Certified in Ringside Medicine, Dr. Cantrell is a USA Boxing and United States Olympic Committee Physician, providing sports medicine coverage for events such as the U.S. Olympic Team Trials and World Championship Professional Boxing. He is a team physician for Oakwood University, Rocket City United Soccer Team, Huntsville Gymnastics Center, and Southern States Gymnastics. Dr. Cantrell works with the Huntsville Havoc and the Alabama Hammers, as well as several area high schools. He is a former team physician for the University of Mississippi, as well as a former U.S. Air Force Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon.

• English

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)
  • University of Mississippi Medical Center (Grad. 2002)

• Dislocated shoulder