Ratings for Dr. Ashraf Mikhail

Always worth the wait. He cares about each patient and remembers their illnesses, a sign of a good Dr.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

What a waste of my time had to wait for 3.5 hours when I had an appointment booked then he still wouldn't give me the medication u needed .never go there again

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I hate to write such an awful review, but my experience yesterday just confirmed that I need a new doctor. I'll start with the positive. Dr. Mikhail is a very nice man. He does not usually dismiss concerns, but will essentially send you for any test that you want. Ok- the bad. I usually see Dr. Mikhail in Newmarket, but went to Richmond Hill yesterday so that my newborn could get checked out. My appointment was for 10:40am. When my husband and I arrived, it was a zoo! There must have been 30 people crammed in the waiting room. The one receptionist was very kind, but the other was snapping at a patient who had come for a doctor's note. There was another couple there with a newborn, waiting to be seen. When I inquired as to how long the wait would be, I was not given an answer. I asked how many people were before us only because I did not want to wait two hours with a 5 day old baby. It was suggested that we return at 1pm! What was the point of making an appointment at 10:40, only to have a sea of overbookings and have to wait over two hours? I stayed calm, but maintained that it didn't seem right to have us wait so long with a newborn. The other couple was very upset as well. The father complained very loudly and stormed out. It was a very stressful and upsetting environment to be in. The receptionist did take our baby for weighing and measurements after I spoke with her. The scale was in the hallway and she didn't know how to use it. My husband had to assist. The doctor saw us about half an hour later. He said that we shouldn't give the baby vitamin D drops until day 10 and asked if we wanted an ultrasound since one of our son's testicles was not fully descended. We knew that this could happen and that it only needed to be watched with possible action taking place at 4 months of still not descended. He also did not seem to know if the umbilical stump looked ok. We just felt that the doctor did not really know what was going on. The experience outlined above was the last straw, but other visits also suggested that we need a new doctor. When I was pregnant, he sent me for so many different tests EXCEPT for the prenatal ones that my OB actually needed. He also said to avoid all exercise until 6 months gestation (including walking my dog). When he found nodules on my thyroid, he said it could turn to cancer. Turns out a large percentage of people have nodules and they are not a cause for concern. When I asked if I should be worried about the benign lump on my breast, his response was, 'well, do you think it's cancer?' I don't know. I'm not the doctor. Why does he always resort to cancer? He always asks if I want certain tests done, rather than tell me what should be done. I feel like he just sends you for unnecessarily tests because he doesn't know what else to do. In recent times especially, he hardly shows any confidence in his knowledge and abilities and it makes me nervous to think of all the people he is treating. Now that I have my newborn son, there is absolutely no way I can continue with Dr. MIkhail. His wait times are always absurd, but more importantly, I do not believe that he knows what he's doing. I'm very surprised by all of the positive reviews.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Great Doctor and Great staff I've ever seen in my life.. God bless him

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Awesome Doctor! The Best Doctor I've ever had. Be prepared to wait long, but its worth it.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

The best Doctor ever. Very polity. Very carful wit the patient.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

The best doctor I've ever been to! The wait time is a little ridiculous but it's worth it. He's always understanding, caring and tries to help anyway he can. Ive always felt comfortable talking about my health concerns with him and he doesn't make me feel rushed. When prescribed medication he takes the time to talk to you about it and makes sure it's something you're comfortable with. He helped me get access to a good therapist and helped me get on track with the right medications for me. My parents and my daughter also see him, and they love him as well.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I love Dr. Mikhail! He has always been so good to me and my family. Be prepared to what a while to get in but it is always worth the wait. He spends all the time he needs to make sure he addresses all your needs. Definitely recommend him

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

You and your staff make it worthwhile to come and see you its always such a pleasant experience and you have very knowledgeable and polite staff and you are a very caring doctor. I work with patients and doctors all day long and have for 30 years so i know this.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr Mikhail is such a kind person, the waiting time tends to be a but lengthy but thats cause he spends so much time addressing everyones issues. Once I get inside it is well worth the wait!!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015