Ratings for Dr. Beverly Jaramillo

The first time I had an appt with her, I was shocked when I heard all sorts of screaming, it turns out that was the Dr. yelling at her staff. She didn't listen to most of what I had to say and was down right rude. Yes she's knowledgeable and experienced but she definitely has some major mental issues. She rushes through everything and tells me to schedule another appt if I have anymore questions. She's loud and has very bad manners and poor communication with patients. She tried to scare me with possible uterine cancer in the future if I didn't get a D&C even though I have no problems. This Dr. is definitely not in her right mind and should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Alot of what others have said is true. She has a very hard time keeping Medical Assts on staff. She is rude to them, has a terrible bedside manner with patients, and is probably overly cautious in her treatments. However, I have remained her patient for over 10 years because she is the most knowledgeable doctor I have dealt with in this field. I have lots of gyne/oncology problems and trust them only to her. She has steered me down the right path thus far. Most highly intelligent people lack social skills. To me, that is not a requirement for a good doctor. Dr. J is a very good doctor...just has a hard time effectively communicating like the rest of us do!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

IN MY OPINION, this Dr. needs to be evaluated at a mental institution. That's not a joke. Something is VERY wrong! I had a very serious problem that she did not explain to me and now after seeing another gyno oncologist at a well known facility, they were SHOCKED that she downplayed it. She seemed ignorant in her field, miserable (at best) left the door open during my vaginal exam and was yelling at her nurse during it & then told me how dumb her nurse is! I felt very uncomfortable & like she wanted to hurt someone. I don't know how she has anyone to work for her or any patients that see her more than once. She should be reported. I'm going to see if the BBB has any complaints because she is downright NUTS in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

I wish I found this site before my elderly mother went to see Dr. Jaramillo as I never would've let her go. What she experienced was identical to the bad reviews here-I'm shocked. It took 1.5hours for doctor to see her - my mother had to ask the staff if the doctor forgot about her and doctor admitted it! Exam room door was left open while doctor in with patient (that's totally against HIPPA!!!), then she was rushed through the exam visit, didn't listen to my mother, asked same questions from the patient forms, did a gyne exam when that's not what my mom was going in for, was yelling at her staff, pushed drugs on my mother, gave her samples and a prescription for flu medicine for no reason (she didn't have the flu and never asked for a script! doc said 'keep it just in case'), and doc wanted to do blood work for no reason. This doctor should be barred from practice. If the AMA knew of her actions, especially the HIPPA violation, she'd be banned. DO NOT GO TO HER!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I LIVE IN ERIE PA, AND I WILL DRIVE TO SEE HER FOR ANYTHING , I WILL NOT GO TO ANY OTHER DR, SHE IS THE BEST, AND MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE DR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO, I ONLY TRUST HER.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010

Worst physician (of any kind) that I've ever been to. Rushed, rude, forced medications on me, didn't answer questions, left the office for the day before I was even out the door, very bad experience recieving test results... oh and her staff seems to be terrified of her. With good reason- I would strongly advise finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

This woman was my doctor for many years. I am switching to a new doctor. I have had enough! She does not listen at all, screams at her staff, answers the phone in the middle of exams, and scared a dear friend of mine into having a d&c every year for 3 years. My friend was in the midst of menopause and did not have any indication of cancer. I am throwing in the towel. Her personality is rendering her incompetent.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2009

I found Dr. Jaramillo back in the nineties when I had a bad problem with PMS and heavy bleeding.Through the years I have watched her go from a very pleasant person to a wreck. I believe she has some menopause issues herself, but I can't guess at that. I only know that I am seriously considering changing doctors after all these years because she does not have the same attitude anymore, she has become evasive and won't even listen to anything you have to say, she rushes along in the exam room with her check marks and whisks you out. She never used to be that way.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

I can agree with most of what is posted here. She doesn't listen well and has pretty bad manners. In fact she really annoys me with her abrasive manner. I wish she'd just take a deep breath and listen for at least a few minutes. That said, she is the most knowledgeable doctor I've ever treated with. She definitely cares about her patients. I've overheard her taking to another dr. trying to arrange treatment for a woman with no insurance. Also, she looks after you as a whole person. For example, she does blood work at your yearly and talks about cholesterol, vitamins, diet, etc. I do trust my healthcare to her.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr Jaramillo seems to be quite rude to her staff. She would come for a few minutes and rush out to do something else. Very limited hours to call and ask for results. So many limitations. You feel like you're being questioned every time you go there and you don't feel like you're being cared for. Very knoledgeable but just doesn't feel right.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. Beverly Jaramillo's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl (Grad. 1978)

Delta Dental