Ratings for Dr. Marcel H. Koppel

Have seen this physician on a walk in basis at a clinic twice. He wants to find something wrong, so he will put words and thoughts into your head to make you believe what he is saying about your health is correct. So beware, I'm so glad I have faith in my own senses regarding my health. He lectured me about having kidney disease twice, frightened me until I asked a physician friend who assured me I was just fine. And he did some things which I didn't like and I told him they were inappropriate. Be careful, he should be retired.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Koppel for three years now and find him to be a very good Doctor. The only negitive is that you have to keep on his staff / billing people if you want them to complete something that they said they would do!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

I went to two other doctors before I saw Dr. Koppel but they were unable to diagnose correctly my medical problems and the treatments they gave me did not help. Then a friend recommended Dr. Koppel. He was very friendly and thorough and ordered some tests I had never had before, then prescribed a couple of new medicines. After two weeks I felt like a new woman! All my symptoms were gone!. I can do now all the things I couldn't do before. Thank God and my friend for directing me to Dr. Koppel.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2009

I was unpleasantly surprised to see that he is still practicing and in Palm Springs. I went to him for many years when he was in Santa Monica and thought he was good - because my normal health was good. When I developed a life threatening problem he made multiple poor judgements. I believe that I am alive today not because of him, but in spite of him. I caution potential patients, as his manner is warmly disarming.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009

My husband and I were just in today to see Dr. Koppel and we are so very much impressed with him we had to take the time to write and let all of you know what a wonderful doctor he is. I didn't know I had a heart problem when I first saw Dr. Koppel, but after listening to what I had to say,conducting an EKG, and noting that I had very slow heart rate, he arranged for me to get a pace maker and saved my life. I had been to another internist who didn't think that I had a heart problem, but infact, I truly did have one. Dr. Koppel has been absolutely terrific with following up with me and has a genuine concern for his patients.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

An elderly doctor who doesn't keep abreast of new treatments for various disorders. He forgot to set me up with a specialist and his staff couldn't help me. I had to do the work myself.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Dr. Marcel H. Koppel's Credentials

• Univ De La Republica, Fac De Med, Montevideo, Uruguay (Grad. 1962)

Workers Comp