Ratings for Dr. Peter M. Gottesfeld

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Gottesfeld. I never before felt comfortable advocating for myself. he has given me permission to advocate or even disagree with him (which as a whole Dr.'s egos tend to get in the way of constructive criticism) or an issue that is hard to talk about. He wants to hear what ails you no matter how intimate a topic. He has allowed meto stretch my wings with trust. He is so knowledgeable about all topics, but his ego is so intact that he lets you know if he doesn't know the answer. In fact I think he loves to learn. So when challenged he doesn't refer you out, make feel crazy or alone. He validates you and looks up what ails you and admits to "racking his brain" for an answer or things you can try. If referrals are not answered, he is the first to intervene and help get you an appt. the staff is wonderful. We, as patients, have to remember that we are not the only people he takes care of. I almost died recently. Since I was intubatred and in an induced coma, I understand he was there every day. For that I can never thank him enough. An excellent boss is only as excellent as his staff...doing the everyday part of doctoring? Try to think about that before you jump down staffs throats. We all have bad days and don't feel like ourselves. I highly recommend him for all members of any family. He loves a challenge. You can see it in his eyes!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Gottesfeld has been my primary physician for over 10 years. He is extremely knowledgeable and engaging in conversations about your health. In the time I've been his patient he has helped me with numerous health issues and ailments and even though I'm getting older I feel healthier every year. In regards to his staff they are very hard working and it's unfortunate that some people may have had a bad experience. I know first hand how helpful they can be and would not ever think of them needing to be replaced. They have always helped me, just recently I needed an appointment with a specialist from a different firm, the appointment was unavailable for months. I called Dr. Gottesfeld's office and their staff made numerous calls on my behalf to get me an appointment that same week. In my opinion the service is unparalleled.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Gottesfeld for over 5 years. He is wonderful. His staff not so wonderful. Rude, unprofessional, not at all helpful when trying to get prescriptions sent to a pharmacy. Recently he had another person working up front. She was worse than the previous people. Only later did I find out that this was his wife. Nasty, nasty woman. I am looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Dr. Gottesfeld is very knowledgeable and professional, but he needs a new staff at the reception. The lady is forgetful and inattentive. She forgot about my first appointment, so I had to come again 3 hours later in the same day. She did typos in my name, date of birth, insurance number and provider. Because of that, laboratory could not charge my insurance company, and I had to re-submit my insurance card data again, wasting my time because of somebody's typos. Also, she calls all patients "honey", which it simply weird. Again, no criticism for Dr. Gottesfeld, he does his job very well. But his assistant lady is simply unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

BEWARE THE $100 CANCEL FEE & INHUMANE STAFF! Historic storm on Saturday. After explaining: no power for 3 days in 45 degree temps, 2 kids under 3 with no daycare & downed trees/wires making driving dangerous I was curtly told I would STILL be billed $100 for missing a routine physical on Monday. I should just "bring my kids". Even the doctor's own power & phone were out. No excuses. No discussion. And, as far as I'm concerned, no more future with this doctor. NO MATTER HOW WONDERFUL THE DOCTOR, THE STAFF MATTERS GREATLY! YOU WILL NOT FIND EMPATHY NOR FLEXIBILITY WITH THIS STAFF. DON'T WASTE TIME WITH THIS PRACTICE.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

The unprofessionalism of the staff is unparalleled. I have been trying to get a prescription authorized for over a week and today was told they don't have the time to help me and it is not in their policy to work with patients. I have been seeing Dr. Gottesfeld for over 2 years now and there are two sisters that work behind the counter, one of which is unbearably rude. I've never recommended his office to anyone as I'd never subject my friends to this madness. There were two other women who worked at the counter but have since quit, I seriously doubt the working environment is pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

My family has been with this doctor for many years. Unfortunately we must change to another doctor now because of his unbelievably rude staff. His office is run by his wife (Joesinae Gottesfeld) who appears extremely rude to patients on a regular basis (check other reviews). I myself have been practically thrown out of his office by rude commentary and insults, simply because I questioned the need to be weighed and measured when coming in for an eye test for the purpose of renewing my driver's license. I did not even deny the weighing etc. I simply questioned it. I was called a jerk behind closed door for this sole reason. I hope this person will eventually be prevented from dealing with patients.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

the staff is terrible his wife needs a dog biscuit, she has a very nasty attitude

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

There is nothing worse than being treated in a unkind and rude manner by a medical practitioner's office staff. And what's worse, is when it is obvious that the behavior is being sanctioned or overlooked by the doctor. Too many mistakes made and blamed on others to be counted over the course of years. I can not recommend the doctor because of his staff.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Dr. Peter M. Gottesfeld's Credentials

• Hindi

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Mount Kisco, NY