Ratings for Dr. Mark K. Widstrom

This man is very compassionate & caring & loving ... He saved my life literally! I came into emergency and had lost a lot of blood due to broken stitches from surgery earlier in the week. I was very scared I was going to lose my life... he was so comforting and took me right to surgery and took such good care of me & saved me! He came and saw me the very next morning and took time to really talk to me! Excellent person, Excellent Doctor! Thank you so so much Dr. Widstrom! I am forever grateful & Thankful!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Widstrom did my second lap and he took almost 3 hours and left RIGHT after the surgery(apparently he was on vaca right after my surgery).I did ask that he not just laser the endo(I was recommended by another doctor to cut it out).1 month after surgery I was in pain again.My husband had seen the photos of my surgery right after surgery.When going to my post-surg appt he said he had no photos.I was suspicious then.I went to get a second opinion about getting a hysterectomy(this doctor was a endo specialist for over 15 years of his 35 year career as a gyno).When I presented Dr Widstrom with my second opinion he totally disagreed and got VERY cocky. He was not willing to remove ANY of the endo. He was JUST going to remove my female organs and leave the endo there. The option he gave me if I didn't have the surgery was to receive Lupron.I declined due to the side effects. He would not help me with my pain he was through with me at that point.czerw0na@yahoo.com any questions

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

Dr. Widstrom was my OB with my second and now my third child. He's patient, and kind and makes himself very approachable with ANY questions you may have. He never seems rushed, even though he surely must be. He's personable, but businesslike, which i REALLY like. Even though he didn't deliver my Daughter, he made sure to visit at the end of his day on the day I had her, just to tell me congratulations. It meant a lot.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Dr.Widstrom delivered my first child who was delivered by c section because I was diagnosed with preeclampsia, at the time I was very nervous and afraid of the procedure but Dr Widstrom was very knowledgeable, patient and comforting to both my family and I. He is a very personable individual, when I had my 2nd child he was not in the area but luckily upon the arrival of my 3rd child which also required a c section Dr. Widstrom was there to perform the very high risk surgery. I often wondered where he relocated because good doctors are so hard to find. I got on the computer to research his where abouts and I can only imagine with more years of experience, his career and passion for his work must have caused him to be more successful. I live in Dayton Ohio and havent seen him since the 90's so you can imagine what impression he left on my family and I. We almost named our son after him.....A GREAT DOCTOR IS HARD TO FIND....I HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF FINDING ONE IN DR. WIDSTROM. K. Metcalf

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

I trusted him and he performed surgery on me even though he had no idea what he was doing. I have endometriosis and I had to have another doctor do surgery on me 8 weeks later because widstrom did such a horrible job. I went through surgery for nothing, and when it didn't help my pain he left me high and dry. He initially tried to treat me for endometriosis before diagnosing it. When I refused Lupron treatment he offered me NO other options. There are MANY options out there. Do NOT go to this doctor for endometriosis. There are experts out there.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Dr. Widstrom is probably the most knowledgable and compassionate doctor I have ever met. He takes plenty of time with his patients and answers all questions I have. I too have endometriosis and he's done a great job removing it. My endometriosis is bad and he's the only one I'd allow to do surgery on me. He also isn't pushy about hysterectomies like many doctors. Dr. Widstrom actually wants to wait as long as possible before removing my organs. He is great at keeping patients comfortable too. If I'm in pain I just have to call him and he'll help me out. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr. Widstrom is a wonderful obgyn. He is very knowledgable in gyn problems and is also a great OB doctor. Besides being a wonderful doctor he is an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him to everyone if I could. Even if he is booked up and I need to be seen he can usually fit me into his schedule. He visits his patients in the hospital as well and isn't afraid to give referrals to other specialists if needed. I never leave feeling like my questions weren't answered or I wasn't helped. When pregnant he was my OB and he's also done my 3 endometriosis surgeries. Hopefully when I get pregnant again or if I need surgery he will still be working for SMDC. I couldn't imagine having anyone else but him handling my OBGYN care!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

Dr. Mark K. Widstrom's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1993)