Ratings for Dr. Peter Benet

he needs to have his license revoked. He prescribed meds to my son that contributed to his death.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Benet's several years ago, and he used a strictly medicinal approach in my care - no talk therapy in other words. He was very open to trying every possible medication available. However, our relationship abruptly ended when I found out he was billing my insurance for hour-long visits when I was actually there for 10 minute med checks. His secretary asked me if I wished to stay on, on a reduced fee cash-only basis hah! And I declined, walked out, never to return to this thief's practice.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

This doctors office DESTROYED my life. I feel emotionally and mentally traumatized from my experiences with them. Dr Benet will put you in debt, charging you for appointments you never made. He takes 6 or 8 vacations a year and will leave you going through withdrawal because you can't get ahold of him to refill your prescriptions. This man is out of the office for 3 weeks at a time, multiple times a year, without notice. The secretary is the most inappropriate woman I've ever come across, and demands payments without giving you the details of the charges. I feel like I have been robbed by this doctor, and they refuse to give me an explanation.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Benet's for a couple years now. Nothing but a superb Dr. And I can speak for myself and over 99% of the male patients in weekly groups. He's very easy on the eyes, understanding and I really dig em. He now takes Fridays off--"good for him" :)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr. Benet is a wonderful and HIGHLY competent doctor. I have seen a number of doctors over the years and find his expertise, care and advice hard to match. He has incredible psychiatric knowledge and his breadth of experience is obvious. I feel I am in good hands and would recommend this doctor above any other I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr Benet may have made some very bad and selfish executive decisions more than a decade ago, but what is going on now is clearly not his fault. The three claims against him wouldn't have even been taken seriously if it wasn't for what he did in the past. I've been seeing him for a year and he has been a great doctor for me.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

This Dr is a great doctor. People who are happy with their Doctor don't write reviews! It is to bad really. If you need a Psychiatrist,(not a Psychologist,Therapist or some other practitioner)a Doctor to treat your illness, understand a Psychiatrist often uses pharmaceuticals.If he suggests new medicine,he always explains pros and cons.Then I read the lable and research it on line before I make my choice to start taking it. Finding the right one is a process. I rarely happens overnight!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

It looks like I may be the last person in the world left to support Dr. Benet. I have been seeing him for over 10 years, and was very concerned when I first saw all the negatives. But I thought back on it, and decided to trust my gut and not get involved in what looks like lynch mentality. He took over my case after my previous doctor retired and recommended him. I have never had a problem - he has checked my other meds to ensure there were no negative interactions, determined that I was getting needed support (e.g. psychotherapist), listened as I needed to talk, and now - because of insurance issues I am no longer covered by his companies - he simply said "pay what you can". I won't say I love the man - he is definitely not charasmatic - but, for me, he is competent and caring. I've read about the case against him, and also read what our AG says. I'm sorry - I think Dr. Benet is a much better doctor than he is being portrayed. I choose to just consider the source.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

Busted again! 6/17/09 Htfd Courant: On Tuesday, the state medical board disciplined Benet for his treatment of Marks, which investigators at the state Department of Public Health said was substandard. this guy is an unethical quack of the highest order. Run! And if you have had an issue with him this would be a good time to contact the AG or the medical board. He should have his license revoked permanently! Benet must pay a $15,000 fine and his license will be on probation for a year. He must also hire a psychiatrist to conduct a random review of his patient records and complete courses in tardive dyskinesia and managing medications.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

That the Commissioner of the Connecticut State Department of Public Health initiate proceedings to suspend or revoke the license of Dr. Peter Benet to practice medicine on the grounds of "negligent conduct in the practice of medicine http://www.ct.gov/ag/lib/ag/press_releases/2002/health/pmi1.pdf

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Peter Benet's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in South Windsor, CT