Ratings for Dr. Mary C. Dupont

Beware. Horrible experience. Badgered repeatedly by Dr. Dupont to buy nutritional supplement she sells that she said would cure cancer. Front desk staff then badgered me as well to buy this expensive supplement she sells from the office, instead of giving me correct information regarding insurance coverage. Uncomfortable and expensive test procedures were not explained and therefore had to be repeated. Given erroneous information regarding insurance coverage. Many HIPPA (confidentiality) violations with staff talking about patients by name in front of other patients.

Submitted September 16, 2016

Dr. DuPont just diagnosed my bladder cancer. I had the tumor scraped out. I had to go back for a second biopsy to more accurately determine the tumor stage. I found out the tumor did not invade my bladder muscle and that I will need to go back periodically to have her check me with cystoscopy. I was so nervous and anxious and afraid. Dr. DuPont reassured me and and my husband. She put me at ease with her soft spoken and direct approach. She is very compassionate. The staff is happy and you can see that they all enjoy their work. They scheduled me quickly for surgery for which I was grateful. Dr. DuPont operated on her day off to take care of me. I am so grateful to her and to my doctor who referred me to her.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

I'm a caregiver and have been helping a family member over the last 5 months. Each interaction with Dr. Dupont's office erodes more of my confidence in her and her staff. The office incorrectly scheduled an in-office procedure, requiring an additional (avoidable) visit without an explanation or apology. On the day of surgery, we arrive to find out we weren't on the schedule. The date was changed without telling us. The staff barely apologized. Their behavior has been disrespectful and unnerving.

Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. DuPont diagnosed my colovaginal fistula when no other doctor I saw with my complaints thought I had this problem. She listened, examined me, gave thoughtful consideration to the possibilities, and recommended further tests. The MRI confirmed the diagnosis. She also expedited my referral to a colorectal specialist. She knows her stuff and is very kind. Credentials are superb and she also was in the military, which I liked since we are military retirees. I had no wait time and was seen 15 minutes before my appointment. Staff is courteous and they all seem happy to be working there.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. DuPont for several years about prolapse. She fitted me with a pessary as I was reluctant to have surgery. I also had some leakage when I sneezed and coughed or if I ran after the kids or the dog (I tried to avoid doing that). I started to have urine infections and a lot of vaginal discharge from the pessary. I decided to have surgery. Dr. Dupont had told me that it was my best option from the beginning but never pushed me. She spent a lot of time talking to me about the surgery, different approaches, pros and cons, and use of graft which she recommended to avoid the high chance of recurrence. She showed me pictures of my problem and what the repair would look like. She spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions. I had my surgery without any incisions outside of my vagina. I feel great and I am so glad that I don't have to wear a pad any more. She fixed my leakage too. I love her new and cozy office in Chevy Chase too. She is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I have spent an hour waiting for her, while she would constantly excuse herself to see other patients. When you are paying $300 you expect some attention. She was also very rude to her staff, that seemed unacceptable. She also made fun of my previous urologist and did not help whatsoever. I am very surprised how she is so highly rated. I had such high expectations and all I have encountered is condescended tone and disrespect to her staff.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Dupont is very knowledgeable, caring, and honest. I did not feel rushed. I was late for my appointment due to an accident on 270. She did not turn me away for which I am grateful. She is very busy but I felt that she gave me the time that I needed. I developed prolapse and stress incontinence after the deliver of my baby 1 1/2 years ago. She heard my concerns, examined me, explained in simple terms what was going on and then came up with treatment options (pros and cons of each) for me to consider. At the end of the visit, I received a brochure with check marks next to the types of prolapse she identified and I was satisfied that my concerns were addressed. I am also stunned to see the negative ratings and it seems at least two of them are from the same person as they had identical phrases. The doctor and her staff are very professional, the office is clean, the atmosphere is pleasant, and parking is free at her Rockville office. You cannot go wrong. She spent 45 mins.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

Hurried and unprofessional. I would not recommend going to this doctor!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Dupont for several years and she is just great. We tried other options before surgery to solve my incontince problem. She is extremely knowledgeable, takes the time to explain things fully, asks good questions, and tells great jokes. prior to surgey she was very reassuring and called my house the next day to check up on me. That is definitely a personal touch. Appointments are not too hard to get, but sometimes ythe wait may be a little long, but I like it when I'm the last patient and She does spend extra time. I've never felt rushed and always felt like I've had her full attention. Her staff is great and extremely warm and efficient. The office runs like a family. And the dog is sweet and gentle. She has also helped my other Dr's with diagnosis, by providing insight and has been extremely helpful providing records to gyn for gyn surgery.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr. Dupont is out of network with my insurance, but I have chosen to see her every few months since March 2010 because of her expertise, helpfulness, and congenial manner. She has been helped me deal with my interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor pain through physical therapy referrals, oral and topical meds and suppositories, and dietary advice. A few times I have had to wait a while (an hour) when she was fitting in patients with urgent problems, and the travel to see her (~30 miles -- not that long unless traffic is bad, but she is by far the furthest away of all my doctors), but she is so worth the wait and the travel. A couple of other reviewers have mentioned her bringing dog to her office -- for the record, that was when she (the Dr.) was recovering from a bad ankle break such that she could not walk the dog. If anyone had a problem with the dog (very sweet and gentle, but rather large), she or her staff would keep the dog out of the way. I considered Dino a source of therapy.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Dr. Mary C. Dupont's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Chevy Chase, MD