Dr. Ali R. Akhavan

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ali R. Akhavan

Very deserving of 5 stars. Dr. Akhavan has treated a number of issues for me on and off over the last 7 years with favorable results.. Always punctual, professional, courteous and genuinely caring. I would travel miles to receive his treatments. Fortunately it is only a 30 minute drive. Office staff over the years have been extremely pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

A very competent and knowledgeable Chiro. He is friendly and professional and I can recommend him completely if you are looking for a Chiropractor in North Vancouver.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Accommodating, knowledgeable, kind person, always improves my health by adjusting what is needed. I am highly recommending Dr Akhavan.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

My experiences with Dr. Akhavan have been so positive. A number of years after a serious leg injury and complicated surgery I was still experiencing pain and mobility problems. Using active release treatment he was able to relieve those issues four or five years ago, and I have been pain free and completely mobile since then simply by keeping up the stretching routine that he showed me and popping in a couple times a year for a "tune up". He is always personable, friendly, and helpful, taking the time to explain what your issues are and what you can do to alleviate them. So grateful to have found him!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Akhavan for 10 years. He is 100% deserving of a 5 star rating for punctuality, helpfulness and knowledge. He maintains detailed notes of your visits, takes time to listen and genuinely cares. His assistant Janica is most pleasant and efficient. I highly recommend Ali and his practice.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

One of the best Chiropractors I've ever been to. Very knowledgeable and cares about your well been. Very helpful receptionist and try her best to get you an appointment at your best convenience. I highly recommend Ali and his practice!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Akhavan for almost 4 years for decompression treatments. I know that I will never be "cured" as I have osteo arthritis in my lower back which has caused considerable disability and problems with my sciatic nerve. However, I can live my life to the full (I am 76 years old) and carry on my day to day activities, something I could not do before my treatments. I thoroughly recommend him, bearing in mind that your degree of disability will be a contributing factor to the success of the treatments.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

After a CT scan revealed that I had osteoarthritis in my lower back I searched for treatment other than the cortisone injections offered by my doctor. I was in pain 100% of the time and the damage to the disc injured my sciatic nerve. After the second treatment I felt wonderful but continued with the full course of 20 treatments. The damage to my sciatic nerve is permanent and I'm aware that this cannot be rectified. Dr Akhavan was up front in telling me this. This was 4 years ago and I'm still seeing Dr Akhavan on a monthly basis. I still have pain but it's manageable and I'm able to carry on with my day to day activities. I'm 76 years old now and consider myself fortunate to feel as well as I do.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I was suffering from considerable sciatic pain and numbness due to MRI diagnosed herniated discs in the lumbar spine. I had varying degrees of success over 6 months with physiotherapy only to relapse back to an even worse situation. I could barely walk half a block and spent my days lying on the couch unable to do the most basic of things, let alone participate in the sports and activities I love. My MD was ready to refer me to a Neurosurgeon when I decided to try Dr Akhavan's decompression therapy. It was relaxing, painless and most important, successful. I am now back to full function and and pain free for the first time in a year. Dr. Akhavan is caring and knowledgeable , his receptionist friendly and accommodating. Highly Recommended.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I found the spinal decompression treatment to be extraordinarily helpful in the treatment of my serious lower back pain and sciatica. After consulting other medical personnel, including a doctor, a physiotherapist, an acupuncture specialist, and a different chiropractor, without any effective results, I was a virtual invalid. I could barely walk from my car to a store, even with the assistance of a walking cane. After 5 or 6 weeks of Dr, Akhavan's decompression treatment I was virtually cured of all symptoms, and within three months was back playing tennis regularly. The treatment gave me my life back. In the original consultation the computer-aided explanation of my problem was vastly superior to any other explanation I had received. There was no unwarranted pressure for me to begin the treatment, and no up-front payment requested. The staff were friendly and helpful. The treatment was painless and entirely successful. I was lucky to be able to afford the treatment, which I think as a life-saver and almost a miracle treatment.

Dr. Ali R. Akhavan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients