Ratings for Dr. Asher H. Taban

My aunt and I can't say enough good things about the surgical skill and the care of my aunt, who had spinal fusion surgery. The operation was such a success that my aunt has no pain at all after only 3 1/2 weeks. He was highly recommended by several surgeons at Cedars-Sinai, so my aunt trusted that they would know who was good. Thankfully, they were right! Also, the office staff, especially Ellen, was so sweet and caring. She called several times to see how my aunt was feeling and even stopped by the hospital to visit. She is really special. Both she and the other staff were so caring and nice, and took time to answer any questions. Thank you so much, Dr. Taban!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Dear Dr. Asher Taban, Thanks for healing my husband, who suffered severe and debilitating pain, over a period of four months, due to a pinched nerve in his lower spine. Before seeing Dr. Taban, we consulted with six different doctors, who couldn't diagnose the cause of his pain. The radiologist diagnosed his pain to be caused by bulged disks, and subsequent doctors prescribed physical therapy, pain medication and epidural shots which were totally ineffective. He almost went through an unnecessary surgery due to a misdiagnosed from a spinal surgeon. Dr. Taban spent 2 hours examining my husband and, after carefully reviewing the MRI, discovered a spinal cyst that was pinching the nerve and caused constant severe pain. He called the radiologist, who agreed he had missed the cyst and agreed to revise his original report. D. Taban operated my husband to a remove the cyst, which released the nerve. The pain disappeared immediately!!!! Dr. Taban is an amazing doctor, kind and polite with a gift that makes him an extraordinary neurosurgeon. We cannot thank Dr. Taban enough, for returning my husband his life and wellbeing. We also thank his staff, whose dedication mirrors that of Dr. Taban. We will be in your debt forever and only have well wishes for you to continue to heal your patients. Sincerely, Abbas and Waleska Navazi

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Taban's and thought he was a great Neurosurgeon but I could not get any follow up appointments for yearly reviews. His staff gave me the run-around and every time I came by there were never any other patients but plenty of accolades from former patients every where you turned you saw framed letters and cards. Dr. Taban is a great surgeon but as far as his bedside manner - it is lacking and so is the un-professionalism of his staff.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Among all of the doctors I have seen in my lifetime, (I am a senior citizen), Dr. Taban is rated the best in my book. He is patient, kind and reassuring. He answered all of my questions and made it very easy for me to decide to have surgery. The surgery went well and I am proud to say that everything is fine. I would recommend Dr. Taban to my friends and relatives in a heartbeat. He is the best!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

taban is lacking respect, empathy, patience and knowledge.he specifically told me " I am done with you after seeing your report"- three visits and he wanted me out!! I am a stroke survivor- struggling with other ailing neck/shoulder injury due to a fall, but taban ignored my complaints having a very negative attitude. Very disappointing & demeaning. I will never recommend him

Submitted February 20, 2016

He is very rude, disrespectful, moody, and unpleasant! I regret going to him.

Submitted February 13, 2016

Thank you very much for giving me my life back! I could hardly walk without incredible pain. You did a fantastic job on my spine surgery and I am ever so grateful that you are my doctor. Yours truly, Russ Tucker

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I am incredibly grateful that I had the good fortune to be sent to Dr. Asher Taban by my HMO primary doctor. After several months of back discomfort, pain traveled down my left leg and into my hip, making it difficult to walk. I was in pain no matter what I did; walking, sitting, standing, lying down were all painful positions. Once I was referred to see Dr. Taban, my recovery began. I was scared of surgery, as I had only heard terrible stories about back surgery making things worse. When Dr. Taban met me he was kind, patient, and informative, and it was clear that he had carefully reviewed my MRI and all the new patient paperwork I had filled out. His examination of me to gather more information about my condition was so thorough and reassuring that my fear of needing an operation turned to relief that he could help me through surgery. He showed me the MRI of my spine, explained what the problem was, and that he was confident that he could correct it. The day of surgery was the most anxiety-free, reassuring and professional medical procedure I have ever experienced. Several hours after surgery a physical therapist taught me how to get out of bed, walk, and move during the next weeks as my back healed. I was able to go home that night, and the absence of pain was remarkable. My surgery was three months ago now, and I have none of the pain or discomfort I was living with before surgery; I feel like it was a complete success. I have to say something about Dr. Taban’s office staff. Ellen was always available to answer any of my questions throughout the entire process. I cannot say enough positive about her, and how her reassurance, knowledge, and humor contributed to my well being and recovery. Maria was the person who took my very first phone call to Dr. Taban's office while I was in pain, and despite the difficulty I was having getting a referral from the HMO in a timely manner, Maria gave me an appointment right away. Dr. Taban and his team are unusually capable, reasonable, and kind. His surgical skill has enabled me to return to my active life as a theatre professor and dancer.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

I came to Dr. Taban in extreme pain from ruptured discs. My sciatic was extremely unbearable and my agony was increasing daily. I had already had a surgery from a different surgeon and damaged my back again. Dr. Taban had a full schedule but took me on as a patient, due to the level of nerve pain and agony I was in. He skillfully operated on me and saved my sanity and stopped the pain immediately. It was one of the best days of my life. He did an incredible job of repairing discs that had already been operated on. A lesser surgeon wouldn't have been able to save my discs and avoid fusion. He was able to. It's been since 2005 and his work has held up beautifully. He was first class in the operation and post op recovery. He sat with me, came to visit me all day, brought in a therapist to teach me how to sleep, rest, sit, stand etc... He was wonderful. I can't say enough wonderful things about this man and his skills. I have since referred him to some friends who were also very pleased.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Four months ago my doctor discovered that I had a pituitary adenoma tumor in my brain. I was referred to Dr. Taban through my health insurance provider(HealthNet). He explained to me that surgery was necessary in order to ensure that this benign tumor did not complicate my overall health. About two weeks ago Dr. Taban performed a surgery to extract the tumor, which was about 33mm large. Despite the large size of the tumor he performed a endonasal endoscopic surgery and removed it completely. There was no complications and my recovery time was only two weeks. I am fully satisfied with the work that Dr. Taban did and would highly recommend him to any other patient. He is highly knowledgeable in his area of work and has a lot of experience in his field, which is evident through his work.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

Dr. Asher H. Taban's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1968)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Northridge, CA