Ratings for Dr. Thomas M. Pinson

I always see a physician assistant which is fine with me. I feel comfortable with them treating me. I just wish I would see the same one every time I go . The staff has always been friendly . Give them a break they are a busy practice. I know what it's like to work in a Drs office.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Sent all over for a perscription and no one had the medicine the doctor percribed they would not take the PA perscriptions..

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. Pinson’s Office in Southgate had the receptionist give results in inconclusive blood work over the phone. She was not informative in regards to questions relating to blood work. I asked to have the doctor call and they never did. Pain and illness was still present and doctor’s office said they had no available appointments when they showed two available online. After telephone tag between the office and the scheduling website Zocdoc, the receptionist called back to say the Dr. Recommended going to the E.R and has prescribed amoxicillin. This office seemed great before but I guess they are incapable of treatment beyond the common cold. I do not recommend this office if you are truely sick and want to know why. Truely lazy.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

Worst experience I've ever had at a "medical" office. The desk staff are rude - complaining and yelling at each other in front of patients. The receptionist actually answers the phone "Doctor's Office" instead of a professional introduction. The wait time was awful. The medical assistants are dirty and lack any sort of social/professional standard. Asking questions about whether or not my child's father "is still around"??? The medical equipment is ancient. Old, dirty blankets are used as pillows on equipment that looks 30 years old. When an EKG and chest x-ray were ordered for a possible heart issue, the medical assistant shouted to the PA that ordered them "Are you seriously doing this to me? Then what's the x-ray for?" I am still in shock from the experience. I cannot believe this office has not been shut down by the state.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

the front desk was very friendly.Dr. Pinson is great. He is really down to earth and cares about his patients.I like all of his PA's too.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

I have never seen the doctor b/c he always sends his assistants in. I am on a medication that he will not call in refills for & I have to pay to see him once a month. Even when I had pills left at the pharmacy that they wouldn't dispense, he wouldn't call to straighten it out. Some days the wait time is very short. Other times I waited 2 hours to see his PA, didn't even get to see him. The one PA is GREAT, gave me free samples, was very nice, etc. The other one was quite rude, told me I was wearing too much perfume, and misdiagnosed an infection and a cyst. I got antibiotics from another dr (yes, had to pay another copay) and the infection cleared right up; no cyst. She just wouldn't listen to me. The front desk staff was extremely rude to me when I came in to ask a question about my medication. They told me I couldn't ask the doctor either unless I had an appt. My friend had the same experiences & switched doctors. Save your money & go to someone else.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

dr pinson is the most helpful doctor i've found since i was a child. i trust him, i believe that he cares about me and my family. he takes the time to listen to me and doesn't rush me in and of his office. dr. pinson answers his pager when i page him and that is very rare for a doctor to do now days. he will also call me or a family member whos been very ill to ask how we are doing its to bad that there are not more family doctors in practice like dr. pinson.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2007

Dr. Thomas M. Pinson's Credentials

• Mi State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1986)