Ratings for Dr. Alex Malter

I went to visit Dr Malter for his internist experience. He listened to what I had to say and didn't know the cause of my symptoms, bur referred me to a specialty Dr . Who comes up from Seattle. Appropriate labs were drawn, along with appropriate EKG. Dr Malter was pleasant and enjoyable to speak with. Give this Doc a chance..... he has 24 years internal medicine behind him, if there is something seriously wrong with you, I believe he would center right in on it. 05/16

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I had no idea that so many people gave this guy a bad rating, i thought it was just me and he was just personalizing his condescension on me, boy was i wrong, he has issues. We had this philosophical mini civil battle of condescension, it was like dealing with someone that has never experienced real people and i know this sounds cliche, he seems all about the money only. I expereinced his arrogant cocky behavoir several times, during sometimes dire psychological times. He really made me feel insecure and low self esteem after leaving. I already fight that normally but man, i experienced a person that doesn't know who people are inside, the inner core thats simple to understand if you have the gall to go out and get it, he is jaded, i do respect him slightly in some ways. I just couldn't beleive what all these people had said about him, i should have checked first boy was i stupid. He had this mral haughtier than thou cock-sure spirit, i just needed a good doctor. Leary of JEWKNOW.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

I found Dr Malter to be extremely condescending and rude. I had an appointment to see him regarding care of my elderly father. I was there with a medical power of attorney and he refused to discuss my father's condition with me. I asked him to listen to my concerns and he just gazed glassy eyed at the wall as if I was wasting his time. I live in Washington state so it is difficult for me to keep up on all that is happening health wise with my father. Dr. Malter is, in my humble opinion, an egotistical, arrogant human being who thinks he knows everything and definitely does not look after the best interests of his elderly patients. Perhaps if I was just an uninformed person I may have overlooked this but I have worked in healthcare my entire adult life and my ex husband is a physician.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

This doctor wanted to stop giving me pain medications five days after fracturing my back. When I asked questions about my condition, he responded with this same statement for 3 visits: " I don't know, I am not a back expert". He never offered to refer me to an expert, nor did he bother to consult with an expert. After the third such rhetort, I found a specialist and asked Dr. Malter to refer me. Dr. Malter's stance on pain management needs some careful review as he generalizes "over prescribing" on the part of doctors "not serving society well" as his reason for with holding medications necessary for comfort during care and therapy. I will not use this doctor again. The only reason I used him is because he was the doctor on call from the practice I use the day of my accident and their policy is for the admitting doctor to provide that particular care. Dr. Malter's nurse, Chris, is very good, very helpful and responsive, and is in no way included in this poor rating.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

The worst experince I have ever had!!!! He lost my chart!!! Terribale bedside manner!!!! No eye contact at all. He was more intrested in drinking his coffe then listening to me as a new pacient. He told me what my problem was before asking me why I was there. His nuruses were no better they did not listen and told me what my problem was. When they took my blood they added no presure and just put a bandaid over it and sent me on my way. I have a huge bruse now. Please dont make the mistake of going to see him or his staff or office!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

He should have been a psychiatrist more that a MD in internal med. Physical symptoms and blood work suggest a disease, however, never orders new tests and calls everything false positives...disregards other doctors diagnosis. going in circles blames meds for it. makes up his own diagnosis..tells you basically in your head. have yet to see him agree with other dr's or specialists..put derogatory remarks in record without my knowlegde.stated he examined me and he did not. he never did such a thing. if he did, he would have seen several concerning symptoms. Md's wonder why we travel downsouth? we can only take the run around so long especially if new symptoms keep poppin up, including pain and no quality of life.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

I had Dr Malter and felt horrible everytime I left.. he made me feel extreme bad about myself just cause I dared to come to him when I was sick. after a year of feeling this way, I went to another doctor in the practice.. he is horrible and makes you feel horrible and lowers your self esteam..

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

I have to agree with the first comment he doesnt care and has no idea how to return phone calls.He will say something and do nothing.His staff is mostly nice and they are on time pretty often not to bad for a doctor staff in juneau.If they could only find a doctor that really cared for his patient no the money...:(

flag | Submitted January 11, 2008

His staff is wonderfull.To bad he's doctor that rather pass you off instead of helping you illness.Kinda funny how his moral judgements can judge the medical treatment you recieve.I think he is just in it for the money and it shows.sorry to say,I heard bad things about him and he proved...just wanted to give a warning...

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Dr. Alex Malter's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Juneau, AK