Ratings for Dr. Usha Chandrahasa

One of the worst Doctor I have seen. She talks down to you as if you are stupid. Spend half the time lecturing you , don’t listen to you , refuse to do a food allergy test as she insist you are not allergic to food. Had me sitting in front of her for twenty minutes typing on her portable computer with no conversation. Just simply a very rude Doctor with no good call mmunication skills. Her staff reflects her attitude as well.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

One of the worst specialists I've ever seen. As a new patient, the nurse didnt even go over the details of the basic tests like blood pressure, etc. The nurse spent about 10 mins and just left the room and I just spent for over an hour until I came out looking for the doctor. The doctor came in and just kept on giving her speech without letting me explain my symptoms and just prescribed medications based on my pcp diagnosis. Some people say that our wait time is long because she explains a lot. I disagree because with me she hardly spent 30 mins throughtout the entire 2 hr appointment. 1 hr and 20 mins i waited for her, 1/2 hr was with her and 10 mins was with her nurse. And 30 mins is nothing for something serious that requires a specialist attention and some patient interaction. A lot of reviews are saying wait times are always over 30mins to 1 hr, this means their scheduling staff sucks. Had I known it, I wouldnt have visited her. Avoid her at all costs. There are many allergists and she is not the only one.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I called for an appointment as a new patient, the office requested documentation of previous test, then they told me the doctor would. not see me because he was only food testing for children , they were not able to recommend another allergist. I wasted two days, it was a slap in the face.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Chandrahasa is one of the best physicians in town! She does have a long wait time usually (about 30 minutes) but it's usually because she takes the time to listen to the patient. Good things come to those who wait in her office. Dr. C is wonderful! She took the time to interpret my lab results. People need to understand it takes some time for medications to start working effectively. She's the closest thing to a miracle worker. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Chandrahasa is one of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She takes her time to ensure each patient is getting the best care possible. I highly recommend her and will refer her to all my friends and family. There is a long wait at times but I will wait as long as I have to in order to get excellent care from a doctor who is detailed, knowledgeable, goes over and beyond for ALL her patients. Dr. Chandrahasa's staff were very professional, friendly and kind. I enjoyed the atmosphere and my children loves going to her office. I recently read in an article that Dr. Chandrahasa was voted one of the Top 100 Doctors in the Gulf Coast and I totally agree, she is NUMBER 1 in my books.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

I waited over two hours to see this doctor. When she finally arrived in the room to see me I was on the phone with the Dr that referred me to her telling them about the extensive wait. When I hung up the phone the doctor said if I wasn't happy I was free to leave. No apology for the long wait-nothing. I promptly gathered my belongings and walked out. Never have I been treated so poorly. Do not waste your time with this doctor! Run the other way-awful!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Worst DR I have EVER seen. She does not listen to your concerns. I went in because of severe allergies. She prescribed me with inhalers that actually made me asthma WORSE. When I finally got an allergy test it was checked 45 minutes late when it was supposed to be checked after 20 minutes, and I was told I was only allergic to dust. I told her I didn't think this was true since my allergies get worse at certain times of the year, and she just yelled at me for not taking her inhalers and insisted that there was nothing wrong with the test. I saw another allergist and was tested and they found that I was allergic to TWENTY EIGHT things. They laughed when I told them about my experience with Chandrahasa. They could not believe anyone could find me as only allergic to one thing.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

She is wonderful and extremely knowledgeable. I have been receiving allergy shots for about 1.5 years and am feeling much better.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

She has been caring for my son David John for 4 years now.She is the most caring doctor I have ever met.She is my angel.I have referred 2 friends to her for medical issues with their children unsolved by other doctors.My friends are also grateful they have found her..

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008

Excellent - very thorough - asked lots of questions. Excellent bed side manner, very caring. Within one visit, was able to diagnose multiple issues my initial GP missed. Both my spouse and myself saw her. Was able to control our allerigies after one visit. Excellent! Highly recommend the wait for her.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007