Ratings for Dr. Gary C. O'Hara

In 1989,I was one of Dr O'Hara's first patient when he had just moved to San Diego. He is the best OB/Gyn I ever had. He treated me for infertility(didn't work. Then he diagnosed my severe endomeitriosis, and referred me to another dr who diagnosed Graves Disease. My health continued to deteriorated diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which he said it was wrong.Long story short, I have Lupus, Rhumatoid arthritis, had Crohn's but in remission. also now have severe stenosis, deteriorative disc disease, etc etc. Dr O'Hara never judged my horrible pain and need for medication. I don't care what anyone else thinks you have no idea how bad Gyns used to be and how judgement all. not only here. But in Michigan too. Leslie Morton

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Very dismissive and is practically walking out the door while answering questions. His staff all seem to be very kind and caring but unfortunately he is not.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

He's an amazing OB doctor! He was my doctor for both of my children and I couldn't be happier with my experience and his knowledge.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I have seen Dr. O'hara for both of my children and also for a surrogacy pregnancy. He is very knowledgeable but I felt like he was unprofessional last pregnancy (surrogacy) when he asked me how much they were paying me. He also didnt want to let me go on disability at 35 weeks, it was just 1 week! Im planning baby #3 and will not be seeing him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Knows what he's doing. I had a long labor... there was another doctor there who wanted to give me a c-sec. but o'hara said he could deliver my baby and he DID! Funny, and caring. The best!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Dr. O'Hara has been my OBGYN for years now. I have recommended him to family and friends. He takes the time to listen to you. He never rushes through your appointment. Explains everything in detail. Whenever I have had any issues arise I have called his office and he calls back that same day. His nurse and tech are the best. He is a great OBGYN.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

After years of suffering, Dr. O'Hara's office finally took an ultrasound and discovered a few things. He only told me that I had polyps that should be removed so he removed them. My suffering still persisted. Years later, I saw another doctor and had my medical records and ultrasound (taken by Dr. O'Hara's office) sent to my new doctor. I learned then that Dr. O'Hara should have seen my baseball sized uterine fibroid in that ultrasound but I was never informed of it. I believe I had an unnecessary surgery before and that it takes tremendous skill to remove the fibroid I had, which was ultimately removed by a talented doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

Dr. O'Hara is fantastic!! He spends a lot of time with is patients and takes time to answer questions. He sometimes runs late because he spends so much time with each person. But it's worth it because he never rushes you out of the office. He's also very knowledgable. I saw him for infertility and two very complicated pregnancies. He also has an excellent staff, particularly his medical assistant, Taryn. Great people. Kind, compassionate, and very good medically.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Dr. Gary C. O'Hara's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)