Ratings for Dr. Jolene Hancock

First I have to thank my GP for referring me to this wonderful, caring, compassionate lady. I waited a year and a half to see her so my GP had me see a psychologist in the interim (another very capable, professional and caring individual.). The expression "anything good is worth waiting for" doesn't begin to measure the value this lady has made to my well being. From my very first visit I knew that I was going to be on the road to recovery. She listens, she's attentive, she's compassionate. It took a long time for me to find the person I used to be from the shell of a person I had become because of a number of tragedies within a short period of time. I am currently experiencing a setback and know that when I see her I will feel the weight of my woes lift. I thank God everyday for the care I've been given from this lady. Renee completes the package very nicely to this very professionally run medical office. Many thanks ladies you are quite a team.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Hancock for 4 months. She has helped me quite a bit. After 10+ years of wrong treatments, she figured out what was going on and is working on it with me and it's working out well. She knows her stuff and she is far from judgemental. I know all doctors are supposed to be that way, but she is the only one I have met that genuinely is that way. I feel at ease at my appointments and therefore feel better when I'm done. She also shows a genuine concern for her patients and she is there for them after office hours or even when she is away. Renee is also wonderful and helpful. She shows a genuine concern for the patients as well.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Most conscientious medical professional I've met and been treated by. Very polite, friendly and very helpful administrative staff member. Being sick or unwell doesn't justify being rude, ignorant, impatient or abbusive. Be respectful to these wonderful professionals.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I began treatment with Dr. Hancock in 2014. She has helped guide me from the brink of suicide and helped me gain the confidence to fight to stay positive and move forward every day. She is down to earth, empathetic and keeps up to date on a whole host of medications. and their uses. She then uses this vast knowledge base along with her common sense to help her patients heal and become healthy. The receptionist Renee is as kind, caring and helpful as Dr. Hancock.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Hancock for several years now and have never had a hitch with her. She saved my life. She is one of the best out there.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Absolutely amazing! Helpful and a real breath of fresh air.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I've just seen Dr. Hancock for a 1 hr visit. She was very down to earth, friendly and knowledgeable. I felt very at ease discussing some of the worse moments in my life. She explained treatment options with me and I left feeling very excited about my future.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I love Dr. Hancock. She is patient and kind and allows you to have input on how she can treat you.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Three words. Saved my life. She is the one of the kindest people I've ever met. I am so lucky to have been referred to her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Hancock is one of the most down to earth and caring physicians I have ever met. She is sometimes delayed with appointment times, but the short wait is worth it. Any punctuality issues are usually due to the fact that she is taking the needed time to care for another patient she is seeing that day. Which could be you, one day.... Dr. Hancock explains things well and constantly considers the best course of treatment to take for each individual patient - no "cookie cutter" treatment! I highly reccommend Dr. Hancock to anyone seeking an extremely knowledgeable and caring Psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Jolene Hancock's Credentials

• Memorial University of Newfoundland (Grad. 2002)