Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth C. Turgeon

I was referred to Dr Turgeon by my therapist, and have found her care to be exemplary. She's knowledgeable and thorough, and her bedside manner is caring and compassionate. Her staff is a hoot--they always remember me, always have a joke or kind words. I'm so grateful to find a local physician I trust--I hate commuting to Anchorage for medical care, but have done exactly that until finding Dr. Turgeon. I agree with a previous poster: whoever is complaining about overprescribing and rude staff is probably all one person who's a chronic whiner. We're lucky to have Dr. Turgeon. Oh, and you NEVER have to wait at her office. She schedules her appointments so that she can meet them, which I appreciate.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Turgeon for about 5 years now and have had absolutely excellent service. She has been very helpful in treating my issues and in my experience she has recommended vitamins as much as a prescription with dealing with some symptoms. She has not ever over medicated or pushed prescriptions in any way. Her bedside manner is excellent. She takes the time to know you and listen at each visit. She even gently scolds you when you do not take her advice (like waiting 4 years before going for a mamagram when I should be going every year). She encouraged me do the test for my safety and health. As a professional she is top of the line and knows her doctor stuff well. My only holdback is her main nurse is a little abrasive. The nurse is bold and likes to tell goofy jokes. The nurse could use a course in customer curtesy. However, the nurse absolutely knows her stuff as well. I have no doubts that the nurse could handle any emergency. Kudos to Dr. T & staff :)

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

Staff is not nice, front staff person is totally rude She charges a lot for very little service

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Dr Turgeon often gave me unnecessary prescriptions and they often did more harm than good. She did always make me feel at ease at my appointments, unfortunately I cannot say as much about her staff. I was a patient of hers for years and was rarely treated with respect. My last straw was when some delicate test results were sent to my mother. I have a family member who has had a very good experience with dr. Turgeon and she was actually able to diagnose an issue he had been having for some time. She quite possibly saved his life. Dr Turgeon wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean she isn't good for everyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

gave me too many prescriptions....things like for depression.../i do not suffer from! The stuuf gave me very serious reactions....she never called back..I had to keep taking...and the withdrawels took over a month to get over

flag | Submitted September 12, 2009

After numerous blood tests Dr. Turgeon was unable to diagnose the problem that I presented. That would have been fine if she had not proceded to administer two immunizations. Keep in mind that I was not well. I had a severe immune response. Ten months later I am just getting my strength back. I am very dissatisfied with the "care" I recieved.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

Dr. Turgeon is very nice but all she wants to do is throw pills at you. Her staff is terrible. She is also hard to get in to see.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Dr. Elizabeth C. Turgeon's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)