Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Lombardo

Very caring and compassionate. I saw him as a cash patient for an ACL sprain and strain 13 weeks after the injury. He took me seriously although I am not an athlete. He asked to see me walk and could tell my knee was buckling by the manner in which I walked. He shook my hand and greeted me as soon as he walked in. Before he walked out the room he always asked if I had any questions before he left. His nurse is also friendly and caring. My condition improved after being treated by him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

great doctor, had to wait a little for my first appt. but once i got in was treated with the upmost respect. he is not the most warm and fuzzy man but gets the job done. he requested an mri immediately. got my surgery authorized quickly. made the workers comp experience which can be very slow and not very accomidating when it comes to physical therapy, he got me all the therapy i needed and not one request was denied. got me a very expensive brace that i needed to return to work with no problems or denials from workers comp. his assistent is awesome, she is very helpful, and returns your phone calls asap. I am a firefighter and he really understands what we do for a liveing and what needs to happen to are injuries for us to get back to work. I highly recomend him as a orthopedic surgeon for a serious injury.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

He misdiagnosed my knee injury. Never ordered an MRI that would have revealed the extensive damage. Just put me in a cast and sent me on my way. I had to wait no less than an hour for every appointment. Always late. I saw another doctor who accurately diagnosed my injury. Couldn't believe an MRI wasn't performed. I had to have 2 surgeries to correct the damage one of which would have been unnecessary if it weren't for Dr. Lombardo's apathy and incompetence. If you are not a professional athlete, expect to be treated as a second class citizen.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Excellent doctor. Does sports medicine and recommends therapy instead of surgery (unless absolutely necessary). Patient of his for 30 years. Saved my brothers life by finding him a specialist in another city. Very caring. Quiet personality

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

I got the feeling that I was not important enough to devote time or consideration to.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2008

Dr. Stephen J. Lombardo's Credentials

• Univ Of Ky Coll Of Med, Lexington Ky 40536 (Grad. 1967)

Wellpoint