Dr. Joseph Niamtu

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Joseph Niamtu

I did not get the results I was looking for. Also was not happy with filler for nasal folds... didn't last not happy do not suggest.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Joseph Niamtu

Dr. Joseph Niamtu's response
Not sure if this is a real patient as this same review was also posted months ago. Also, all my patients have my cell phone and our office has a conflict resolution policy so it is extremely rare that we have an unhappy patient. We aim to please every single patient. Filler last longer in some patients and also some patients don't use enough for full correction, so some things are out of our control. In any event, if this truly is a real patient and is unhappy, please call our office so we can personally address your issues. Dr. Joe

Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr Joe is a 2 hour drive from my home in Northern VA but I wouldn't trust anyone else with my lips. He applies his knowledge about facial symmetry and presents conservative solutions that make me look better without making me look fake. I know, that for my situation, he is a specialist and I trust his judgement. This is my 2nd time with him over the span of four years; and as long as I can I will continue to see Dr. Joe. The procedure took minutes and was very efficient without being too clinical. Thank you Dr. Joe!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I had a brow lift and blepharoplasty Oct 16. The results are better than I imagined. I now look like I'm "supposed" to look. My look isn't over-done, which I appreciate. Most people don't recognize the change until the pictures are side-by-side and then the difference is remarkable. Thank you to the staff at Love That Face. The girls were great! Made me feel like family. I was very nervous and they always stopped what they were doing to chat and make me feel comfortable. In hindsight, it was an easy procedure. Other than the minimal pain of bruising, there was absolutely no pain. I did not take any of the pain meds that were prescribed. Overall, the experience was positive and the results were more than good!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Was watching tv during consultation , suggested much more surgery than any other physician. Also was not happy with filler for nasal folds... didn't last not happy do not suggest.

Submitted March 20, 2017

I don't even know where to begin with how amazing my results are, I feel as though it has been life changing for my over all excitement for life! I don't look so tired and wore out! Dr. Niamtu is warm and caring, and his staff OMG, I love them all too! I cannot say enough about how happy I am with my results and how he has continued to work with me on my recovery! Highly recommend him 💜

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr. Niamtu was the first doctor that I came across when I searched for information in regards to a sebaceous cyst I had on my face. He had a video on YouTube of him performing a removal of a large sebaceous cyst and gave great detail on what he was doing and why he was doing it. When I discovered that he was right down the road from me (in Midlothian), I realized I had lucked out. I had one of the best of the bests in my backyard to take care of my problem. I was very impressed with the way that his staff treated me and Dr. Niamtu did an excellent job removing the cyst from my face. Very small surgical incision, short duration of surgery and virtually no pain felt after the local had worn off. A+ job.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Simply the best. Kind, caring, and talented. Extremely trustworthy. I live in NYC and travel to see him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Niamtu recently removed a mole from my face. It has been about a month since the procedure and you can't even tell where the mole used to be. I am so pleased with the results! Dr. Niamtu and his staff were helpful, punctual, knowledgeable and friendly! The entire experience was so easy, I wish I would have done this years ago. I wouldn't trust my face to anyone else. THANKS!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Niamtu since I got lip fillers for my high school graduation present( about 3 years ago). Since I choose to do fillers I see him as ofter as I need to, depending on my plans the next several months. If i go to him and say “this time i want large lips to last me 4 months, thats what he gives me. If i say I want a natural look, and to just add air to the tires to have a nice plump up then thats what he gives me. Don’t even get me started about the staff, they are AMAZING. you start to feel like family after a while and in the 3 years seeing him I have never been left un attended for more than 5 minutes or disrespected in anyway shape or form. My absolute favorite thing about him, is that he's ALWAYS on time, the longest I've ever waited was about 16 minutes to be called back. Im absolutely in love with my results and I cannot thank Dr. Niamtu enough for helping me feel prettier than ever(: RECOMMEND HIM 100% ! -Makenzie Struder (instagram; @kenziestruder - my instagram has videos of the procedure and before and after photos.)

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr.Joe is the Best! Removed bags from my eyes. ,now my eyes are soo Pretty again. Thank -u Dr. Joe. See u soon for my botox.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Joseph Niamtu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Niamtu is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and board certified cosmetic facial surgeon with a practice limited to cosmetic facial surgery. He is considered a Key Opinion Leader my numerous specialties and is very prolific in academics. He has authored 6 textbooks, contributed 33 chapters in other textbooks and has published hundreds of articles on cosmetic surgery. He has lectured on six continents and hosts an online video series and cosmetic surgery courses at his office. Dr. Niamtu is well known for his intraspecialty participation and is frequently a speaker at plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, dermatology, oculoplastic oral and maxillofacial and cosmetic surgery meetings. He has won “best Plastic Surgeon” or “Best Cosmetic Surgeon” 15 times in Virginia. Dr. Niamtu is married to April Niamtu and has two special needs children.

• Virginia Commonwealth University (Grad. 1983)

• Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Brow lift
  • Laser resurfacing
  • Botox injections

• For this info visit www.lovethatface.com/facial-surgeon-richmond-va/awards-and-honors/