Ratings for Dr. Miguel E Cabanela

I shopped ten docs at ten big institition. All were world class surgeons and all were condescending jerks EXCEPT Dr. Cabenela. Friendly, clear, and talented beyond belief. For my next ortho procedure he is the man.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I'm the most paranoid, distrusting person when it comes to doctors due to the apathy and incompetence which runs rampant where I'm from. HOWEVER, I had complete trust in Dr. Cabanela after the first surgery and wasn't worried ONE BIT about my mom for her second one. I can not stress enough how big that is. The first surgery I had to take medications from all of the stress and anxiety I had, but the second one, after him having done the first, did not phase me ONE BIT. Again, for me to be completely calm in the face of what could be considered a matter of life or death is VERY high praise for this man.I have not read the other reviews--only seen the star ratings--so if bedside manner is your "thing", you go ahead and find someone with a better one and I'll stick with my phenomenal surgeon who blows the pants off of his "competition"!! Let's see who's happiest and healthiest when it's all over.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Direct, honest answers. Spends time to explain. Great skill. Good staff.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Dr. Cabanela was the best doctor/surgeon I have ever had! I was 20 and had to have both of my hips replaced...he got me in a week after meeting him, which was amazing! Everything went perfectly. He was always there if I needed something or had a question. Two months later, I went back and had the other hip done. I hope he is still practising when I have to get them redone in 15 or so years!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

Total hip replacement, no problems would do it again.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2005

Dr. Miguel E Cabanela's Credentials

• Mayo Medical School (Grad. 1972)