Ratings for Dr. David De La Harpe

I've had 2 microdiscectomies with David, 10 years apart, and had excellent results both time. The change in quality of life between pre and post surgery is amazing. Brilliant surgeon, whom I would highly recommend

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

I had surgery on a bulging L5/S1 disc. Dr de la Harpe's team managed to get me an appointment the day I returned from an overseas holiday (where I sustained the injury). Once I had the appointment, they managed to get me an MRI scan that day, and went into surgery two days later. I have been completely pain free since. He is incredibly knowledgeable on disk / spinal problems, and encouraged a short hospital stay (once I had been assessed by him and physios I was able to leave after just one night in hospital). Could not recommend more.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Having put up with the pain and discomfort of a bulging disk at L5/S1 for 10 months, trying many different therapies such a Bowen, physio, chiropractic, acupuncture, cortisone injections, medications as well as ongoing pain relief. Nothing was working and the pain down my left leg and ankle was taking a huge toll on my life, the continuous pain at varying degrees along with the medication I was taking was playing with my mental state and at times I was unable to work. My bulging disk ruptured and I couldn't walk >10 metres, sit for long periods or stand for any length of time. The pain was the worst pain I have ever experienced. I was taken by ambulance to a rural hospital and I was not improving and asked to be referred to David De La Harpe at the Epworth hospital. I was transferred by ambulance to the Epworth following an MRI I found out the disc had ruptured. David was great explaining everything and I had the microdiscectomy the next day. I woke from the operation pain free. It has been almost three months since the surgery and I'm still pain free, on no medication and my mind is clear. I do have numbness in my three middle toes and the outer aspect of my calf due to the length of time the sciatic nerve was compressed. I have no pins and needles or pain which is the main thing. I've been back at work for 6 weeks and loving life. I can highly recommend Dr David De La Harpe he is an extremely skilled surgeon and works with a wonderful team at the Epworth. I can't thank him enough for giving me back my quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Simply Awesome. Mr D De la Harpe . saw me after surgery with another surgeon was cancelled . Right from the first meeting I felt comfortable. Mr D De La Harpe and the whole team were nothing short of brilliant.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

My 21 year old daughter required spinal surgery - Mr De La Harpe and his team are fantastic. I was so concerned. A big thank you to all.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Honest and to the point. His staff are most helpful. A huge thanks to David's skill as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

After watching a loved one suffer for nearly 20 years. Words of thanks are just not enough. Mr De La Harpe is a God in our eyes. My best mate is now pain free and up and about 3 days post surgery. I can't say enough how brilliant Mr De La Harpe is. Thank you for giving him back his quality of life.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Saw him for the first time last week everything about him and his staff were great and sure if I need surgery I wil be in the best hands

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I was in severe pain caused by a bulging disc . I found it impossible to walk more than 50 metres at a time and sleep was interrupted with constant pain down my right leg and ankle. I had tried physio, chiro, osteo and acupuncture of which none helped. In fact I think they made it worse. An MRI showed a protruding disc at the L4/5 level impinging my nerve leading to my right leg. The most difficult part was obtaining an appointment with a back specialist. After trying several specialists I was able to arrange an appointment with David De Le Harpe albeit a one month wait. During the appointment David explained the risks involved with surgery and then gave me 3 options 1.Rest with a possibility that there may be some relief 2. Cortesone injection for short term relief or 3. Surgery . I had reviewed numerous BLOG sites and web pages on microdiscectomies before this time so I took option 3. Best decision I have ever made. Mr. David E. De Le Harpe is an experienced and gifted Surgeon. With in 24 hours of having the operation I was up and about and more importantly PAIN FREE .My hospital stay was overnight only.Words are inadequate as praise to this Wonderful Man. Mr.De Le Harpe's assisting staff in his office and during the operation were excellent. Epworth Hospital and Staff are extremely professional and in my opinion would have to be the best in Australia.It is now day 6 post op and I only have very slight soreness in the back area. I am off all medication and feeling confident my daily walking routine will get my muscle tone back to where is used to be very quickly.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I am now 4 years post op and Mr De La Harpe in my eyes is a GOD. He gave me back my life after years of pain and disability. I thank him everyday for what he did for me. I am a new person and only look forward. I can absolutely recommend Mr De La Harpe to anyone. He is a lovely man, and his staff are fantastic. Thank you will never be enough!!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014