You may also like

Having put up with the pain and discomfort of a bulging disk at L5/S1 for 10 months, trying many different therapies such a Bowen, physio, chiropractic, acupuncture, cortisone injections, medications as well as ongoing pain relief. Nothing was working and the pain down my left leg and ankle was taking a huge toll on my life, the continuous pain at varying degrees along with the medication I was taking was playing with my mental state and at times I was unable to work. My bulging disk ruptured and I couldn't walk >10 metres, sit for long periods or stand for any length of time. The pain was the worst pain I have ever experienced. I was taken by ambulance to a rural hospital and I was not improving and asked to be referred to David De La Harpe at the Epworth hospital. I was transferred by ambulance to the Epworth following an MRI I found out the disc had ruptured. David was great explaining everything and I had the microdiscectomy the next day. I woke from the operation pain free. It has been almost three months since the surgery and I'm still pain free, on no medication and my mind is clear. I do have numbness in my three middle toes and the outer aspect of my calf due to the length of time the sciatic nerve was compressed. I have no pins and needles or pain which is the main thing. I've been back at work for 6 weeks and loving life. I can highly recommend Dr David De La Harpe he is an extremely skilled surgeon and works with a wonderful team at the Epworth. I can't thank him enough for giving me back my quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Simply Awesome. Mr D De la Harpe . saw me after surgery with another surgeon was cancelled . Right from the first meeting I felt comfortable. Mr D De La Harpe and the whole team were nothing short of brilliant.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

After watching a loved one suffer for nearly 20 years. Words of thanks are just not enough. Mr De La Harpe is a God in our eyes. My best mate is now pain free and up and about 3 days post surgery. I can't say enough how brilliant Mr De La Harpe is. Thank you for giving him back his quality of life.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I was in severe pain caused by a bulging disc . I found it impossible to walk more than 50 metres at a time and sleep was interrupted with constant pain down my right leg and ankle. I had tried physio, chiro, osteo and acupuncture of which none helped. In fact I think they made it worse. An MRI showed a protruding disc at the L4/5 level impinging my nerve leading to my right leg. The most difficult part was obtaining an appointment with a back specialist. After trying several specialists I was able to arrange an appointment with David De Le Harpe albeit a one month wait. During the appointment David explained the risks involved with surgery and then gave me 3 options 1.Rest with a possibility that there may be some relief 2. Cortesone injection for short term relief or 3. Surgery . I had reviewed numerous BLOG sites and web pages on microdiscectomies before this time so I took option 3. Best decision I have ever made. Mr. David E. De Le Harpe is an experienced and gifted Surgeon. With in 24 hours of having the operation I was up and about and more importantly PAIN FREE .My hospital stay was overnight only.Words are inadequate as praise to this Wonderful Man. Mr.De Le Harpe's assisting staff in his office and during the operation were excellent. Epworth Hospital and Staff are extremely professional and in my opinion would have to be the best in Australia.It is now day 6 post op and I only have very slight soreness in the back area. I am off all medication and feeling confident my daily walking routine will get my muscle tone back to where is used to be very quickly.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I am now 4 years post op and Mr De La Harpe in my eyes is a GOD. He gave me back my life after years of pain and disability. I thank him everyday for what he did for me. I am a new person and only look forward. I can absolutely recommend Mr De La Harpe to anyone. He is a lovely man, and his staff are fantastic. Thank you will never be enough!!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I had an L5/S1 Microdiscectomy for a severely herniated disc and although I did not have any issues with leg pain I could not sit diwn in a chair or drive a car for longer than 10 mins without it becoming extremely painful. I spent 3 years trying in my opinion useless things like Osteopathy and Chiropractors that only made it worse and worse. I only wish I had had the surgery sooner. Almost a year on I am doing great and although I'm still careful I can now sit down in a chair again and do everything I did before the surgery. I am still recovering (probably due to the fact that I left it for 3 years) but I am feeling stronger and stronger every week. Thanks Dave !

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Suffering from back pain and sciatica, mistreated by GP's, physios and chiropractors. I found this excellent specialist who detected accurately my spinal problem (spinal stenosis). By that time I had been treated for bulging disc, doing the wrong exercises etc and that is because nobody cared to read the MRI report thoroughly. Anyhow, dr. de la Harpe didn't give any other option than to operate on my back in order to avoid future paralysis due to severity. Everyone at the hospital was really helpful and considerate, all staff memebers that called me prior to the operation to confirm personal details were empathetic, Dr de la Harpe's assistant, Craig, was absolutely incredible even after the operation. He cared to send all the paperwork, fix the accounts, treat my wound post operation. The operation was very successful. I can finally walk again, I can do my daily activities that I had stopped doing due to the pain. Thanks to Dr. de le Harpe I am very healthy again.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. David De La Harpe's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Having put up with the pain and discomfort of a bulging disk at L5/S1 for 10 months, trying many different therapies such a Bowen, physio, chiropractic, acupunc..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply Awesome. Mr D De la Harpe . saw me after surgery with another surgeon was cancelled . Right from the first meeting I felt comfortable. Mr D De La Harpe a..."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My 21 year old daughter required spinal surgery - Mr De La Harpe and his team are fantastic. I was so concerned. A big thank you to all."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Honest and to the point. His staff are most helpful. A huge thanks to David's skill as a surgeon. "

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After watching a loved one suffer for nearly 20 years. Words of thanks are just not enough. Mr De La Harpe is a God in our eyes. My best mate is now pain free a..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saw him for the first time last week everything about him and his staff were great and sure if I need surgery I wil be in the best hands"

January 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was in severe pain caused by a bulging disc . I found it impossible to walk more than 50 metres at a time and sleep was interrupted with constant pain down m..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am now 4 years post op and Mr De La Harpe in my eyes is a GOD. He gave me back my life after years of pain and disability. I thank him everyday for what he di..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an L5/S1 Microdiscectomy for a severely herniated disc and although I did not have any issues with leg pain I could not sit diwn in a chair or drive a car..."

September 30, 2014