Ratings for Dr. David De La Harpe

Had back problems for years, david performed L4 L5 lamenectimy and my back gets stronger everyday

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I had an operation 15 months ago for a prolapsed L2/L3 disc . It was very successful no complications it has healed well. I have no pain in this area. I am 70 years old mobile and working. Thanks David for your healing hands. I would highly recommend David.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I've had 2 microdiscectomies with David, 10 years apart, and had excellent results both time. The change in quality of life between pre and post surgery is amazing. Brilliant surgeon, whom I would highly recommend

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

I had surgery on a bulging L5/S1 disc. Dr de la Harpe's team managed to get me an appointment the day I returned from an overseas holiday (where I sustained the injury). Once I had the appointment, they managed to get me an MRI scan that day, and went into surgery two days later. I have been completely pain free since. He is incredibly knowledgeable on disk / spinal problems, and encouraged a short hospital stay (once I had been assessed by him and physios I was able to leave after just one night in hospital). Could not recommend more.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Having put up with the pain and discomfort of a bulging disk at L5/S1 for 10 months, trying many different therapies such a Bowen, physio, chiropractic, acupuncture, cortisone injections, medications as well as ongoing pain relief. Nothing was working and the pain down my left leg and ankle was taking a huge toll on my life, the continuous pain at varying degrees along with the medication I was taking was playing with my mental state and at times I was unable to work. My bulging disk ruptured and I couldn't walk >10 metres, sit for long periods or stand for any length of time. The pain was the worst pain I have ever experienced. I was taken by ambulance to a rural hospital and I was not improving and asked to be referred to David De La Harpe at the Epworth hospital. I was transferred by ambulance to the Epworth following an MRI I found out the disc had ruptured. David was great explaining everything and I had the microdiscectomy the next day. I woke from the operation pain free. It has been almost three months since the surgery and I'm still pain free, on no medication and my mind is clear. I do have numbness in my three middle toes and the outer aspect of my calf due to the length of time the sciatic nerve was compressed. I have no pins and needles or pain which is the main thing. I've been back at work for 6 weeks and loving life. I can highly recommend Dr David De La Harpe he is an extremely skilled surgeon and works with a wonderful team at the Epworth. I can't thank him enough for giving me back my quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Simply Awesome. Mr D De la Harpe . saw me after surgery with another surgeon was cancelled . Right from the first meeting I felt comfortable. Mr D De La Harpe and the whole team were nothing short of brilliant.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

My 21 year old daughter required spinal surgery - Mr De La Harpe and his team are fantastic. I was so concerned. A big thank you to all.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Honest and to the point. His staff are most helpful. A huge thanks to David's skill as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

After watching a loved one suffer for nearly 20 years. Words of thanks are just not enough. Mr De La Harpe is a God in our eyes. My best mate is now pain free and up and about 3 days post surgery. I can't say enough how brilliant Mr De La Harpe is. Thank you for giving him back his quality of life.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Saw him for the first time last week everything about him and his staff were great and sure if I need surgery I wil be in the best hands

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015