Ratings for Dr. Michael Coroneos

Just felt I had to write about my experience. Due to a fall, I ended up in shocking pain but did not put it down to the fall. After suffering for months with sciatic type pain down my right leg and pins and needles and numbness . It felt like I had a permanent electric charge running from my hip to my toes and life was just constant pain and misery. My GP referred me to Dr Coroneos, who said I was suffering from nerve compression at L4/5/S1 and the damage had to have been caused by injury. Eventually we associated it with my fall, which Dr Coroneos said would been exactly the type off event to trigger my symptoms. Dr Coroneos said a laminectomy would be the way to go, but I was very hesitant about spinal surgery. My quality of life deteriorated greatly, so I opted to follow the surgical avenue. I must say that the surgery was extremely successful, and I give thanks for Dr Coroneos' skill every day. Apart from the original pain of the surgery, I have been pain free for four years now. I am able to play with my grandchildren, carry them around, run with them, garden to my hearts delight and have no trouble keeping up with all the daily housekeeping tasks. I enjoy long walks, occasional jogging and cycling. I could not give him any greater accolade than the fact that I have my life back. I am 69 years old and cope with everything life throws at me.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Would never go near this man again the lies in his report where beyond disgusting he had so many descrepencies he contradicted himself on many occasion.def getting paid big bucks from work cover but what about people’s health does that not matter anymore complete fake to your face then burn u with lies

Submitted September 5, 2018

Staff were helpful however Dr Coroneos did not show signs of compassion when I was explain my symptoms to him. Seemed to be more interested in fulfilling his WorkCover duties and see his next paying patient.

Submitted July 4, 2018

The real patient posts are so obvious-all positive.The fake posts from litigants, insurance claimants and their solicitors are so obvious like 30 April 2018! Real patients are grateful- litigants wanting false reports please go elsewhere after failed surgery for degeneration and opioids elsewhere. Cowards' website. Why not deal with the medico legal reports in court? No? Why not?

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Great doctor has helped both my Mum and husband, found him to be very caring and knowledgable. Would recommend to anyone with back issue. Excellent physician

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Whilst I do not know the other patients experience with Dr. Coroneos, I myself was fortunate enough that around 10 years ago when my Doctor gave me a referral to see Dr. Coroneos. Firstly I sought out the opinion of other medical people and they too held him in the highest regard for treating back related problems. During the time he was treating me for my back, I found him to be a very knowledgeable, caring and sympathetic doctor, he fully explained the situation, I asked him a lot of questions and he only wanted me to have surgery as a last resort and discussed other ways of pain management etc.. He told the day would come when I could stand the pain no more and then he would operate, true to his word surgery was booked in quickly and I was operated on at Sunnybank hospital, as far as I am concerned I would not consider using any other surgeon while Dr. Coroneos was available to me. His ongoing follow up was 1st class and for years after my surgery whenever I bumped into him he was always a delight to talk to and always concerned for my welfare and sought out how I’m going. I cannot believe some of the posts I have read and felt compelled to put forward my experience with him, I am very grateful and appreciative of getting my life back due to his exemplary skills as a surgeon and as a human being. I would thoroughly recommend his services to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

This guy is an absolute joke a lair a crock ive had a car accident and 1 of my injuries was a large c6/c7 disc buldge i was 26 years old at the time of the accident in his report he said the buldge was before the accident lol what a clown.he asked me about my family history of any illnesses ive told him my mum has diebities,blood pressure,and depression. He only stated "type2 diebities" i also explained to him if i sit cross leged i get pins and neddles on my calf and teos.he said i was sitting cross leged at the appointment.shame on you michael coronoes you are under aoth respect your responsibility to help humanity.

Submitted August 6, 2017

I can not speak about other patients experience with Dr Coreones, however I was fortunate enough that a few years ago when my Doctor gave me a referral to see Dr. Coreones in regards to my back problems, Over the course of 2 years that he was treating me for my back, I found him to be a very good, Carring and sympathietic doctor, kept me informed, asked a lot of questions and only wanted me to have surgery as a last resort. The day came when it was decided for me to have surgery, he didn't muck about, he knew I was in severe pain,he booked me in to Sunnybank hospital and preformed my surgery, as far as I am concerned I would not consider using any other surgeon while dr. Coreones was available to me. From the first consultation to my being discharged form his care, I don't believe I could have asked for more from a surgeon,and can't express my gratude enough to him for the care he has given me, unfortunately for me I again may require surgery and I am so grateful that he has accepted me as patient and contuine my care. I have seen some of the comments posted by some former patients and quite frankly I am have real trouble associating these negative comments with this (in my option ) brilliant surgeon. Ps I have had surgery 3 times before for other matters and the surgeons were good and I never had any complaints, however judging from my experience with all of them Dr. Coreones certainly get my vote, and again repeat that I can't thank him enough for for all that he has done for me,, from a very great full patient

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Not listening; highly incompetent; proposing the treatment of numbness in a hand with anti-epileptic and anti-depressant drugs.

Submitted June 25, 2017

Record your meetings with him as he only acknowledges what is best for the insurance company . Who is he only listed in Brisbane and not sydney ! Medicare fraud and now sleeps with insurance companies . No compassion for this terrible process can destroy a persons life when all we want is to bet better and have quality of life . Dreadful that these doctors get paid so much money to destroy people . You thinkvwhen you see him he will help you then writes a report contrary . I don't know how these people sleep at night .

Submitted June 12, 2017