Ratings for Dr. Mark R. Aschliman

Prompt. Called me at home to answer questions. Very solicitous. Also accurate diagnosis and treatment .

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

A BIG not recommend. Asks many irrelevant questions that are really none of his business nor related to your medical problem at hand.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Awful liar, just a massive liar with terrible attitude.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I would not recommend going to this doctor or sending a family member to him. I would avoid him at any cost. He is arrogant, deceitful and surprised he is not behind bars for medical fraud yet. If not now the medical insurance companies need to flag this doctor. If he hurts you call an ambulance and asked to be driven to the nearest ER. He lies and is rude and disrespectful.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Aschliman for over 30 years for everything from trigger thumb to a torn MCL. I consider him the very best diagnostician I have ever seen. He is very thorough and does an excellent job of explaining in detail about your condition and treatment options. I especially like that he really takes his patients needs into the treatment options. I think that some of these other reviews must be from people looking to make a buck from workman's comp and they didn't really want the truth. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I stumbled upon this rating site by accident while looking up Dr Aschliman's number and I half wonder if some of the ratings are for the same guy, because they sure don't mirror my family's experience. I've actually used Dr. Aschliman several times over the past couple decades and wouldn't keep coming back if I didn't feel comfortable and confident in his work. This has involved back, elbow and shoulder injuries for me, some work related, and sport injuries for my daughter. He has always struck me as a skilled diagnostician, careful and diligent in his work. He takes the time needed and clearly explains what is happening with the injuries and the various treatment options along with pros and cons. He is not overly aggressive like some doctors, suggesting surgery right from the start unless it is clearly the best option. I *really* appreciate that. Staff has always been professional. If there is any "negative" it would be that the offices haven't been remodeled -- maybe ever.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

He is a company doctor that is paid to write false reports for employers.I was ordered to see him by employer because I was on injury at work after I seen my own doctors for a back injury.My doctors did a MRI test and I was diagnosed with ruptured disc.When I saw him. He was very rude during my examination.He first questioned me about my family and life..which had nothing to do with my pain or injury.I had my x rays..He never looked at them..Tapped my knee with hammer and told me to bend.then he said i was a young man and he see's nothing wrong..then told me the examination was over and I will receive letter in mail.He never touched me or did any tests on my injury.Got letter from employer not him about his findings saying I was lazy.I exaggerated pain.my wife didn't work.I have sprained back..he sent me back to work full duty doing road construction ignoring my doctor restrictions.I ended up in hospital having major back surgery.then ruptured 2 disc WHEN HE MADE ME GO BACK AGAIN

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Dr. Aschliman is an excellent diagnostician and has worked with me to "keep me going" until I have to have surgery. He is prompt, always checks back to see if I have any problems or questions, and I truly feel he is concerned for making sure my knee and ankle/foot problems have the best possible outcome.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

I feel as if he was payed off by my worker's comp carrier. He took very little time, and showed no interests in my pain in my shoulder. It was a very low budget office which scared me. They were not friendly at all. He looked at me as if I was a piece of garbage. This was scheduled for a second opinion, and I'm sure he's not for the patients. He's all about who pays him his check at the end of the day. I don't think it is fair. Let me see him have his arm cut up twice, and have to deal with the pain and discomfort. Then let's see what his opinion is.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

basically a workmens comp doctor who will disagree with everything you say and calls work related injuries not related to care.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Mark R. Aschliman's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1980)