Ratings for Dr. Ian Yu

My husband just recently became a patient of Dr. Yu. We have been so happy with Dr. Yu. Highly recommend if you are referred are get him as your doctor. Very knowledgeable, compassionate and really takes the time to make sure you understand your case and options. I believe if my husband hadn't been referred to Dr. Yu he would have lost his foot. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Yu.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Beyond pleased with the care that Dr. Yu has provided. I presented with a rather complicated case and he was thorough and knowledgable. During frequent visits he spent ample time to talk about my treatment options. He performed a complicated surgery and I am very pleased with the results. Not only is he a very capable podiatrist he is a kind, sincere man. I highly recommend Dr. Yu.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Awesome podiatrist. I have seen many others in the past and I can tell you with confidence he is the best.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I saw Dr. Yu today. He was fantastic. Asked lots of questions, gave clear thoughtful answers and went with a non invasive approach first. I was impressed. Kind, thorough. And yes, $180 is a lot of money but he has to pay for the office, a clerk, benefits, liability insurance. At least you get a quality visit out of it. I know and understand the plan and it goes from conservative to invasive. And he was just over 30 minutes late. Not bad for a doctor these days.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

The wait time is not acceptable. My first visit $179 had a second visit the staff at the front asked him in Chinese about the cost for the 10 minute appointment he answered her in chinese also $88 the charge I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Had my bunionectomy 7 months ago. It looks like the bunion is back but I won't see Dr. Yu again. While friendly, my last 2 post surgery visits he didn't even look at my foot! Instead, he asked me if I was glad that I had had the surgery done. I said I couldn't tell yet, because my foot was still stiff. I asked for documentation of the cost of my post- surgery visits, as I paid a total of $3400 and my extended health needed a breakdown of costs per visit. He refused! He made it sound like the visits were all on his charitable donation towards medicine and patient care. So I couldn't get any reimbursements, despite parking and travel costs, long waits in the office, and no examination on the last 2 follow-up visits. I refused to make another appointment - doesn't seem to be a point if he won't even examine my foot! However, the bunion appears to have returned. (:

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Great Dr. Helped me with severe plantar fasciitis.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I had a bunionectomy and 6 months later the bunion was wose. He had used the cartilage from my bunion to fuse my toe joints as well and ended up making the bunion worse .. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.... cost me $200.00 for each visit as well

Submitted January 10, 2017

I had a Morton's Neuroma removed at the end of May, 2016. It had been a problem for me for over 20 years and everyone else I had consulted recommended conservative approaches. Sadly, none of them helped. Finally, after being unable to finish a round of golf due to foot pain, I contacted Dr. Yu's office for a consultation. Dr Yu has a fountain of information and is happy to answer any questions and provide clarification. You do not feel rushed when you are with Dr Yu--he will spend as much time with you as you need. Dr Yu described alternative approaches but in the end I decided on surgery to remove the neuroma. The surgery was done in his office. From my perspective, the room was sanitary and safe for the operation. The operation went well. I had a problem with after care (I managed to soak the operated foot) after hours and Dr Yu arranged to meet me in his office late in the evening to redo the dressing. It is now 3.5-4 months post surgery and my foot has healed well. Within days of the surgery I was able to walk 10K a day (multiple short walks). I was kept waiting for both my initial consultation and the surgery appointment but all follow up appointments were on time. I discussed time management with Dr Yu and he said he is working on it. Clearly there is tension between giving a patient all the time that they need and making sure you stick to a schedule.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Appreciate his approach, and his skill. Very good doctor, and well worth the money spent.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016