Ratings for Dr. Ian Yu

Great Dr. Helped me with severe plantar fasciitis.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I had a bunionectomy and 6 months later the bunion was wose. He had used the cartilage from my bunion to fuse my toe joints as well and ended up making the bunion worse .. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.... cost me $200.00 for each visit as well

Submitted January 10, 2017

I had a Morton's Neuroma removed at the end of May, 2016. It had been a problem for me for over 20 years and everyone else I had consulted recommended conservative approaches. Sadly, none of them helped. Finally, after being unable to finish a round of golf due to foot pain, I contacted Dr. Yu's office for a consultation. Dr Yu has a fountain of information and is happy to answer any questions and provide clarification. You do not feel rushed when you are with Dr Yu--he will spend as much time with you as you need. Dr Yu described alternative approaches but in the end I decided on surgery to remove the neuroma. The surgery was done in his office. From my perspective, the room was sanitary and safe for the operation. The operation went well. I had a problem with after care (I managed to soak the operated foot) after hours and Dr Yu arranged to meet me in his office late in the evening to redo the dressing. It is now 3.5-4 months post surgery and my foot has healed well. Within days of the surgery I was able to walk 10K a day (multiple short walks). I was kept waiting for both my initial consultation and the surgery appointment but all follow up appointments were on time. I discussed time management with Dr Yu and he said he is working on it. Clearly there is tension between giving a patient all the time that they need and making sure you stick to a schedule.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Appreciate his approach, and his skill. Very good doctor, and well worth the money spent.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

He did an excellent job explaining my options for my bunion surgery. After careful consideration, I had him perform my surgery and he I had no pain afterwards. I am very happy with the result and would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

He is always late! Stop double booking your patients. I understand that nice bed side manner is important to him, but small talk about nothing relating to my foot is not necessary, especially for busy folks like me. Threevusits for me and my shortest wait was an hour. Not cool. Thats why we make appts!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Oustanding! The appointment was late because he is so popular. However, I have not seen a doctor in any country or discipline with such interest. He took copious notes at the beginning, asked me everything about my feet, related lifestyle, shoes etc. Studies my feet and even sent me away with a list of recommendations (a summary) of our visit. He did not rush the appointment at all and answered every question. I would recommend him to anyone with a structural issue. I was told "you must see Dr. Ian Yu". I am telling you the same thing. See him. To those who say "he loves money", I disagree. Dr. Yu is worth the investment and he will tell you what you don't need. Instead, he will send you away with lifestyle changes, stretches, etc. His wall is littered with qualifications for a reason - he is worth every penny.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

My last podiatrist had to leave Vancouver and she recommended Dr Yu. He's been nothing but helpful and has been super amazing dealing with my diabetic foot problems which are horrific different issues on each foot. I love dr yu I think he's generally concerned about each of his patients and makes time to be there

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

It cost me $179.95 for a 45 minutes consultation with Dr.Dr. Yu on 11/18/2015 I was wondering why he was so keen in listening and talking so much. A that price ($179.95 an hour), ...now I understand!!! If you are ready to pay more than the average anywhere else? ...consult Dr.Yu!!! He loves money.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Dr. Ian Yu was so friendly and he was very caring. I had a swollen toe and he gave me a free ultra sound and told me how to talk care of my foot.I will definitely come back here I the future if I have any foot problems.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015