Ratings for Dr. Andrew P. Abela

Dr. Andrew P. Abela is an excellent Oral Sergeant. A couple weeks ago he pulled out my wisdom teeth. I had a fast recovery with not much swelling. When I went back for a follow up everything headed nice. He prescribed me the proper prescriptions and the mouth wash needed. With that being said I would recommend anyone to go him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr. Abela is a great oral surgeon. Our son was a patient and all wisdom teeth were extracted successfully. The oral surgeons in this practice are exceptionally well-trained. Their bedside manner is good. They are kind, soft-spoken and caring. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Our experience with Dr Abela and his office was exceptional! I went to him with terrible tooth pain, it was discovered that my tooth had a fracture in it so it needed to be pulled. The extraction was so painless and I was reassured every step of the way. Months later I went back to Dr. Abela for an implant. I couldn't be happier with my results! My children are also patients of his. They both had teeth extracted in preparation for braces. Dr Abrla is a very calm, reassuring snd knowledgable surgeon and comes highly recommended!!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

On May 4th 2015 my husband got his wisdom teeth removed by Dr.Abela. On May 19th he went for a follow up, and was told he was healing fine...take it week by week. At this appointment my husband informed him of a lump he felt on the right side of his face where the tooth had been taken out and was told that it was his muscle. The beginning of June my husband started experiencing excruciating pain on the right side of his face (same side where he noticed the lump) that ran up the side of his face to his ear and behind his eye...he described it as feeling like he was being stabbed in the face. He went back to Dr Abela on June 8th due to the pain, was told all is healing fine, prescribed vicodin, told to take it week by week...no X-rays done!!! June 15th he went to the ER the pain was so bad, he could not eat, could not sleep and basically could not function. June 16th he went back to Dr. Abela because of the pain...mind you at every single appointment besides saying he was in excruciating pain reminded him of the lump...Again Dr. Abela prescribed him vicodin, told him to take it week by week and DID NOT take X-rays. On June 18th he went to his PCP, who sent him to a nerve dr and he was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia (one of the most painful nerve disorders) and scheduled to see a neurologist and and MRI. Fast forward to July 8th...scheduled MRI...they found a mass, on the right side of his jaw...surprise surprise and is scheduled for a CT scan July 10th. Today we received the results from the CT scan and my husband has a fractured jaw, with an infection surrounding the fracture...hmmm...I wonder if this jaw fracture is what caused the trigeminal neuralgia and if maybe some follow up X-rays had been done if it would have been found months ago...considering a painful lump in your jaw or below your ear is one of the top symptoms of a fractured jaw, you would think the wise Oral Surgeon would not have ignored this!! Is he aware that people can die from infections...or the amount of money we are spending on medical bills at the current time not to mention the ones we will still be receiving not knowing what steps we have to take next.

Submitted July 13, 2015

just got home from having a simple extraction of a root canalled tooth. so far all is well. Dr abela was very nice/pleasant. his wife dr. ocampo also was very nice. appt went very well. i was in and out in no time.

Submitted July 21, 2014

Well these people are simply the best, great staff, great office, great doctors.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

Find a different dentist. Had my wisdom teeth taken out in 2008 and 4 years later I am still numb on the right side of my face. He doesn't care to check in (even though he said he would) . And apparently I'm not the first patient with similar issue. Hope this will keep someone from getting hurt by him.

Submitted September 1, 2012

Highly recommended- excellent care. Dr.Abela is extremely smart, very kind, and his communication skills are excellent. The office staff are helpful and skilled. We have great care in this office.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Excellent oral surgeon- knowledgable, kind, patient and easily accessible for any complications. The office is clean, efficient and the staff helpful.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

This man is absolutely the best!! I went to him because I had several teeth fractures and came in at night to take care of though it could have waited. I was very impressed with his professionalism but also with making me feel relaxed, has a great sense of humor. Went thru the procedure with little pain (just a pinch when he put the novocaine in)and did an absolute perfect job in setting my teeth back in that no more surgery is required which was thought of the first two that I saw. The office staff is really friendly as well. Would most certainly recommend him to anybody.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2007