Ratings for Dr. Steven Ofner

Dr. Ofner did cataract surgery on my mother. He has such a caring attitude and personality that expresses so much empathy. My mother has been his patient for a long time but I'm going to start going to him now that I've met him. What a wonderful experience. And my mom is doing so very well after her surgery. Definately an A+ in my family!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Ofner for over 20 years. I usually don't like websites but I've just never been to a doctor with such a caring demeanor so I had to write. I had cataract surgery about six months ago and I am just simply so very grateful to be able to see so much better. Technology is just amazing these days. Dr. Ofner was so gentle and his soft voice and caring attitude got me through the whole thing without a problem. His staff at both his office and surgery center were so amazing and professional. I just want to say how very grateful I am and I just hope Dr. Ofner is around for a long long time. Simply put, thanks so much Dr. Ofner!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

I am so grateful that Dr. Ofner has been my eye doctor for 25 years. What a kind man who has done cataract surgery on both my mother and grandfather. I am reminded every time I go in for an eye exam what a great office he has. Thanks so much for all the great care!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

Dr. Ofner basically saved my eye sight and I will be forever a new person. I gradually lost the vision in my right eye but I didn't realize it because my other eye was ok. When I was shaving one day, I realized that I couldn't see out of one eye when my hand accidentally covered the left eye. Thankfully, Dr. Ofner's staff got me in the same day I called and fortunately it was nothing serious. Just a cataract that he fixed a couple of weeks later and I was amazed. I see better our of my right eye now than I do with my left. He is wonderful, caring, and I've never met a staff that is so great. They made sure my insurance was all authorized and I will forever be grateful to Dr Ofner and his office. I know that not everyone turns out well but I haven't seen this well since I was in grade school! Thanks again.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

I left Dr. Ofner after being his patient for many years. When Dr. Ofner operated on me (cataract surgery) on my left eye, he marked my left eye as is protocol to be sure the surgeon operates on correct eye. He STILL started preparation for operating on RIGHT eye! I stopped him. He then had left eye cleaned, then continued the surgery on the left eye. I never got even an apology and he never mentioned it again in my office visits. I reported it to another doctor (Dr. Fleming) on his staff that was in charge of doctor complaints. I was never contacted as to whether there was an investigation nor the results...........Another thing that convinced me to seek another eye doctor was what he never showed concern nor treated me for too high eye pressure which was around 24. Lack of knowledge or just didn't pursue it. My new doctor (Jason Gross, M.D.) got very excited about it and started working to get it lower. It is now normal at around 12-16.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr. Ofner removed my cataracts. I knew I wasn't seeing as well when I first saw him but didn't realize how bad it really was until he fixed my cataracts. I am truly amazed at how well I see now. Thank you Dr. Ofner for helping me. You are truly a gifted surgeon. His office staff is about as good as any medical office I've ever been to. I hope he never retires!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2009

I was very impressed with Dr. Ofner and his staff of caring employees. I had my cataracts removed and I am grateful to be able to see again. I was impressed with the professionalism and very caring attitude. Very knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2009

I was very pleased with Dr. Ofner and his staff. He removed my cataract and restored my eyesight. I don't think I've seen this well since I was a teenager! The office runs very smoothly, all the way from the receptionist to the doctor. One of the most professional offices I've ever dealt with. Definately an A+ in my book too!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2008

Amazing cataract surgeon. Very caring doctor. Staff and doctor are the most professional that I've ever seen in any medical office. Definately an A+. Thank you Dr. Ofner for saving my eyesight. I will be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

Very caring and very personable. Great experience having cataracts removed and treating macular degeneration

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

Dr. Steven Ofner's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)