Ratings for Dr. Hugo Sutton

How is this guy still a doctor, he has no clue whats going on.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

LOL at the fake good reviews. This man is a hack, his patients are dollar signs and frankly he has all the bedside manner of a sociopath. He treated my partner, jabbing a needle in their eyelid with no warning, and dropped a tool in their eye causing a burst blood vessel. No apology, no introduction, no explanation, no follow-up care. Sutton does not deserve the title of doctor and should be suspended indefinitely for the reviews on this website alone. Honestly, from the description of the procedure she underwent and the horror/trauma that ensued, I would assume he was drunk, high or mentally incompetent. Avoid this totally incompetent, uncaring and potentially dangerous hack. I wouldn't trust him to flip a burger or clean a toilet.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

This doctor is the WORST doctor I have ever visited. During my first visit, his assistant did all the eye exam. When he came into the room, he briefly took a look at my eyes and left. The time he spent on me was not more than 30 seconds. Then his assistant told me I had dry eyes and the assistant can even write prescription for me (is it legal?). They asked me make another appointment to check the glaucoma ( I wondered why they couldn't do it in my first visit). In my second visit, I didn't even see the doctor! His assistant did some eye exams and then told me to see the report in another appointment. In the third appointment, the doctor just came in to tell me that my eyes had no problem. Again, that was not last more than 30 seconds. Is this doctor abusing the MSP fund? He charged a professional fee, but let his assistants, who are abviously not professionals, did almost all the work. I wont recommend this doctor to anyone

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

This doctor is HORRIBLE. Do not go there. He never has time to sit down and explain what's happening, his average time with me was between 19 and 26 seconds. His assistants do the work, they do the tests, write the prescriptions, etc. He never explained to me what was wrong with my eye and sent me all these drops. Today, I went to another doctor who explained my eyelid has dropped as a result of the multiple steroid medications he prescribed. DO NOT GO to see this doctor if you value your eyes.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I saw Dr. Sutton twice while Dr. Hall was away. Besides the receptionist the other staff members were not very professional nor friendly. I felt very uncomfortable and don't have much confidence in Dr. Sutton and his staff who did most of the examinations. When Dr. Hall isn't there for my next appointment I'm looking for an other glaucoma optometrist

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I have been seeing him for two years for dry eye. Four bottles of prescription Flarex, five bottle of over the counter expensive eye drops, punctual cautery and they are still the same. He ignored my double vision, the feeling of sand way up high in my left eye and vision of a sheer curtain over my left eye. I saw an optometrist for new glasses and you won't believe this!!!! I have a cataract and a cyst in that left eye which need removing!! I will not be seeing Dr. Sutton again. PSSS - his assistants fill out and sign his prescriptions. I think this is illegal.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Sutton annually for interocular pressure check ups as I have a family history of glaucoma. I've always found him to be very respectful, knowledgeable, caring and ready to provide information and reassurance. I then saw him to have a mole removed from my lower eyelid. I was quite nervous but he did a phenomenal job! Absolutely no problems whatsoever and no visible "divot" or scarring at all. I took my daughter to him for a stye removal and it was a much, much better experience than we had with an opthamologist in Vancouver. I'm prepared to travel out of my way to see Dr Sutton.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Saw Dr. Hugo Sutton a total of 2 times, once in Dec. 2014 and once in Dec. 2016 for my dry eyes. Each time he "pretends" to look at my eyes less than one second then talked to his assistant less one minute then finished . I did not realize that he did check my eyes. I asked him" did you check my eyes ?' He said yes but I don't think any doctor can check your eyes in that short of time. I took his prescription that he gave me to take the medicine and found the side effects could be very damaging to my eyes. I will be going back to my family doctor to get a referral to a different Ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Saw Dr. Sutton 3 times during 2015 for a scratched cornea. Each time the appointment time was honored (never waited more than 5 minutes). Although it is a busy practice, and he does not spend a lot of time with you, he showed concern, empathy and knowledge in his specialty. Both he and his junior staff were pleasant and showed concern for my injury. His treatment was prompt and accurate, and he seemed genuinely interested with my long-term eye health. Based on my experience he runs a sound practice.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Sutton performed LASIK surgery on my eyes in Fort Mcmurray, Alberta. For months after my surgery, I was constantly going back to his office complaining about my vision. He would quickly examine my eyes and tell me that I had dry eyes. Eventually, he redid my eyes which actually made my vision worse. I now have to wear glasses for distance and glasses for reading. This doctor is terrible. Do NOT let him near your eyes. I called him repeatedly looking for some sort of compensation and was told by him in no uncertain terms that NO compensation would be forthcoming. I have actually considered suing him. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016