Ratings for Dr. Ramona C. Marsh

This lady is very odd. I would describe her as somewhat hippie-like, not wanting to do interventions for things that need interventions. She did try to be pleasant during appointments (I saw her 3 times for appointments). She will kind of fool you into thinking she's great because she will hold your hand and say things like "peace" during appointments. The worst thing about her is that she does not seem to be very knowledgeable and won't do anything but the bare minimum. She didn't know what dosage of iron is standard for a pregnant woman. She didn't know basic details about some of the TORCH infections. I ended up with her delivering my baby. The first thing she does when she walks into the room is break my water and I was only 3cm dilated at the time! I was confused and asked her, "you're breaking my water now?" and she says "You want to have a baby don't you?" That was the beginning of a long, arduous labor which ended in 3 hours of pushing and then a c-section. My baby was never able to turn and was face-up - which she may have been able to do if she had amniotic fluid. By the way, after the 3 hours of pushing, Dr. Marsh tells me that my baby's heart rate was elevated and that I need a c-section because the baby is stressed. I asked the nurses what my baby's heart rate had been ranging and she said 160s. NOT ELEVATED. At my post-delivery appointment she tells me that some women deliver vaginally when their baby is face up and that next time I should work on having a smaller baby. The other doctors in the practice where she works are good, but I am not returning to this practice because I don't want to see her face.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Marsh is the worst doctor I've been to. She has absolutely no interpersonal skills and comes across very condescending. She brushed off any concerned and had the audacity to tell me that planning for a baby wasn't the same as ordering a pizza when I shared my concerns. Any question or concern was followed with a rude response and lack of empathy. She makes you feel like anything you say is stupid. Do yourself a favor and make an appointment with someone else.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Marsh did my c-section on my second child. She is amazing, warm-hearted and always makes you feel welcome. I would definitely recommend her as obgyn doctor.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Hands down the worst doctor of any specialty I've ever seen. I am changing practices only because she's on staff. The rest of the docs there are amazing, but I don't want to chance ever having to run into her rude, condescending, dismissive self again.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I saw Dr. Marsh today and had a great experience. Normally, I hate going for the annual checkup (pap smear). It is always uncomfortable. Dr. Marsh made the checkup very easy and painless. She kept me calm and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

This doctor is completely whack. Her interpersonal skills are completely lacking. She entered the exam room and insulted me and made disparaging remarks about my weight. I tried to explain to her that I had my thyroid totally removed and was adjusting to the hormone replacement pills and I wasn't on the right dosage yet and she dismissed this and insisted that I need to knock off "whatever I am doing" as if I was downing Twinkies and Fat Tires at every meal. I was really stunned by her rude remarks and insensitivity and obvious lack of medical knowledge- I felt like she thought I was lying about the surgery, umm, I have huge scar across my throat and a pile of medical records she could readily examine... and wtf are my few extra pounds any of her business for? It was totally inappropriate commentary for a routine annual gyne exam. I told her that I had been experiencing bleeding that was unusual and unexpected and not just spotting but abnormal bleeding that went on for a month and she shrugged and informed that I was a woman. What a joke. A doctor who dismisses a sign of cancer without a second thought. I visited this nightmare of a gynecologist only once. She needs to be removed from the practice. Her staff was fantastic, particularly the nurse who took my vitals, etc. But this doctor is the absolute worst.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

She is my least favorite doctor in the practice. What the other reviewers say is true - she dismisses your concerns. She acts as though your questions are stupid and bothersome. I like all of the other doctors in this practice and will avoid scheduling with Dr. Marsh again at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I have been with Dr. Marsh for 14 years and she and her assistants and been very kind, knowledgeable every step of the way. Thru all my good health and bad, personal problems and work issues, they have never faile me. She has held my hand many times and yes, told me when I needed to "Stand". She is one of the best in her profession.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

This doctor is God Awful! I thought that I would have a better experience with her bc she was all smiles and giggles. When she actually starts talking...she's rude and disrespectful! At 38 weeks pregnant, I caught the flu (despite my flu shot). I called the dr on duty bc i was feeling horrible. She called back...i told her that I felt horrible and that my 38 week check-up was in two days. This ridiculous lady said..."call and cancel your appointment. ..don't come into the office getting all of us sick!" I couldn't believe it. The next day, I called backband Dr. Bowles who's awesome ..was on call. He told me to reschedule my appt and just to alert the staff so that they can wear masks. He cared about me getting my cervix checked. Thank God for him bc when I did go in...I was in active labor!!!! I also asked this terrible woman to write me a note to stop working a week before my due date...her exact words...."No! I delivered a baby on the day I had my baby....no one is going to pay you to sit at home!" WTH!!!!!!!! When I told Dr. BOWLES about the pain that I was having...he wrote me the note Johnny on the spot. I went into labor a week before my due date. If Dr. B would not have written the letter..i would have gone into labor at work...and I am a teacher!! That would have been awful!!!!! Dr. Marsh is horrible and seriously needs to reconsider her profession!!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Bad experience with this doctor. She discharge me without seeing me when I came to the hospital dt spotting before my due date. I came back in less than 24 hours with more bleeding and the High risk physician kept me until I had an emergency C section. Post C section I was having some panic attack and will not prescribed any anti anxiety meds and stated I need a psych eval. not even taking her time to listen to your concerns. She was a heartless, not empathetic at all. I will not see her again even with my gyne check up .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Ramona C. Marsh's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1986)