Ratings for Dr. Daniel S. Goodman

Dr. Goodman is AWESOME! Pam will get you in quickly and if you need answers the office is very efficient. I believe in the past 16 years I can only remember one person on staff changing. Dr. Goodman has been rated very highly in publications and he is very knowledgeable. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he may not be your guy... but he is very competent and cares about his patients. He also has a good network of Dr's that he will refer you to, for any specialty needs.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Interesting how people often see the same things in another person, more specifically doctors. I too find Dr. Goodman smart, punctual, and accurate in diagnosis. But after a dozen or so office visits I can say the good doctor needs to lighten-up a bit. He at times does reflect arrogance while often dismissing a patient's self-diagnonsis in a condescending manner. He's just lacking some social skills and a bed-side manner, not uncommon in the medical industry these days. It might be tempting to say a smart doctor and a good diagnosis is all that matters, but we all wanted to be treated with a little respect and personal touch - it actually helps in the healing process. And, since it's my body, and I have a couple of college degrees myself -my own ideas about my health may not be that off the wall.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Goodman has been my internist for a few years now. If you require a warm-and-fuzzy kind of experience, he's not your guy. However, he is hyper-competent, so I happily put up with the gruffness for effectiveness. His staff is solid and, as far as I can tell, has almost no turnover.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Goodman for about 15 years. He is the best internist in Atlanta! My friend had some rare infection that no physician could diagnose, but Dr. G found the cause and treated it successfully. He is professional, personable and the staff is very efficient. You get lab results and prescription refills within 24 hours, and flu shots are free! When I have a medical question, he or his staff supply the answer ASAP, usually while I'm still on the phone. I pray he never retires!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

Kind of rude in the afternoons. Didn't listen to what works for my body in regards to anti-biotics and allergy meds. Changing doctor's

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Dr. Goodman is a well respected physician in whom I have complete trust. He has been my primary doctor for over 20 years. He focuses on wellness and does not dispense medicine unless it is absolutely necessary. There is not a doubt he has the health of his patients as top priority. His office continues to employ several patient services not often used today. An example is the next day feedback on routine blood tests and the Doctor speaks to the patient personally. A person, versus a machine, answers the phone during work hours. Calls are returned promptly. I cannot say enough positive comments about Dr. Goodman and his office.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Goodman's for years. He is very thorough and caring. His sense of humour is very dry so some might think him aloof but he really does care for his patients.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

If you are searching for Dr. Goodman at 4553 Shallowford Rd (there are several listed), this guy was unfriendly, said rude things to me, the examination was not very complete, I felt ripped off, and not listened too. The complex he is in looks old. The equipment also looks a bit old. This guy claimed some things that really didn't seem that accurate. There were several Goodmans listed in GA, this is my experience with this one, can anyone clarify if this is the same guy everyone has so highly rated?

flag | Submitted December 14, 2007

Have been a patient for 4 years, he has been great!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

Dr. Goodman is VERY good! We could not be happier with the care we have received over the last 5 years.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2006

Dr. Daniel S. Goodman's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)