Ratings for Dr. Jerome H. Check

Front desk (Phyllis ) has a terrible attitude. She's difficult to work with. The doctors are knowledgeable and have a good approach. However, the receptionist Phyllis needs to leave her issues at home. You have to schedule with the front desk for your appointments. Phyllis isn't knowledgeable about anything. Yet , she gives major attitude. Maybe more knowledge and less attitude. I'd asked to speak with anyone other then her .

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Check is a great doctor and I like the way he treats patients as people, not just numbers. However, his billing department is not just inefficient, but also monstrous. The day they send out a billing statement FOR THE FIRST TIME, they immediately CANCEL all outstanding appointments for non-payment! First of all, USPS takes 2-3 days to deliver any mail, including Cooper's invoices. As Cooper does not have an online payment portal, the patient has no choice but to send the payment by mail, which takes another 2-3 days to be delivered to Cooper. So, how is it even possible for a patient to know the outstanding amount and make a payment right away, the minute Cooper generates the billing statement? This is ridiculous, not to mention the monumental inconvenience it causes the patient. Essentially, the Cooper billing department is penalizing the patient for their own inefficient billing processes and nothing is being done about it. This was not a mistake that happened just once, but they have been repeating this same atrocity over and over. They obviously have too many patients, so why should they care? So what if they are in the business of caring?

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr Check is very knowledgable and helped to get me on the right path to conceive. I do travel between both offices depending on appointment availability. The sonographer Karen at melrose park is terrible, she is incompetent and condescending. The sonographers at Mt Laurel are much better at performing ultrasounds. I'm sure I'm not the first patient that has had something negative to say about Karen, she always has a poor attitude!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Checks for 7 months, he is an awesome doctor and knows his stuff. I travel back and forth between the melrose park and mt laurel locations depending on appointment availability. The only "staff" member I have had issues with is the sonographer Karen at the melrose park location. She has the tendency to give misleading information as well as being god awful terrible at her job and extremely rude! she can never find ovaries during a trans vaginal ultrasound, so she tends to get frustrated because she sucks at her job, and she always comes off as inconveinenced. She has the tendency to play RN with wrong information. Hands down mt laurel is the best location to go for ultrasounds the girls there are awesome and don't seem to be inconvenienced during your appointment. But all in all the other girls are very friendly.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr Check is very knowledgeable But the staff is rude, condescending and constantly giving wrong or contradictory information. Fertility is already an emotional and stressful situation then having to deal with such rude nurses who don't seem to care makes it that much harder .

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Check was great. Very knowledgable . Much like others, I thought the staff was very rude. Being in the business of dealing with people can be trying at times, but I felt like some of the nurses had real attitude problems. Not very professional.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Absolutely fantastic doctor. Having been to many doctors who have suggested me to give up trying to get pregnant and think of adoption, Dr.Check came across to me as a godsend. I have two children now. Thanks to Check for not dropping my case. I wont say that the staff is excellent. The nurses made their share of mistakes. They gave me a wrong time for retrieval one time, I figured it out and when brought it to their notice they immediately changed my appt for retrieval and another time I went with the flow assumed they would know better but I was mistaken. During the procedure the one only egg I got was released and couldnt be retrieved. What I am saying is that we have to stay on top of our case and pester them if we have any questions. I have also referred one of my friends who after 10 yrs of infertility finally delivered a boy only after consulting dr.check. He is not one of those doctors who would sit down and have small talk with you. He is a man on a mission and always thinks of what is the next course of action.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I had major hormonal issues and was told by 3 TOP NYC area dr.s that I could not have a baby. I Went to Dr. Check and Cooper to fix my hormones primarily and with their help I was able to conceive naturally and now have a 2 year old. He is a bit unconventional but if you have hormone issues he is absolutely worth it in my books. Just understand that they do things differently it's not for everyone. I never had trouble with the staff, in fact I loved them, but again, that was three years ago now and I am very good at going with the flow. Their system is different and you have to be active in your own care, be on top of things and ready to get return calls late at night sometimes. (I did have one of the other dr.s be very abrupt with me during a sensitive time but I always found the nursing staff and especially the sono techs to be lovely. This group sees a LOT of folks, all hormonal and emotionally invested, keep that in mind.) If you are used to super fancy places yes, this will be different but I had success there and know many others who have as well. Good luck to all.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I started seeing Dr Check about a year and a half ago after 2 years of trying with no success. I will never again go there and I would recommed other women to stay away from that office. The staff there were very rude and not very comforting. I did 7 months of injections with no success and underwent 1 test (HSG) in which they said everything was normal altho my uterus had a curve at the top but said it was probbaly due to the way I was laying. After 7 months Dr Check advised me to do IVF. After taking a break for 2 months I found out I was pregnant and it happened naturally. Sadly 4 weeks later I had a missed miscarriage in which I had to have a D&E and had complications. The staff there offered no support and the 3 different drs I saw in that office (Dr Check doesnt deal with miscarriages) had zero sympathy. One Dr even told me that i was overreacting when I was in pain and had heavy bleeding after my D&E. I ended up going to the ER and I was in the process of having a natural miscarriage b/c they did not get everything out from the D&E. After many months of trying to cope with everything I decided to see a new Dr. The first thing this new Dr did was perform every test she could on me and it turned out that the curve at the top of my uterus was actually a septum. It was also discovered that I had a uterus infection and no way to tell how long I had it. The new Dr said the septum and/or the infection probably caused my miscarriage especially since we had a chromosome test done on the baby and that was normal. I am so angry with Dr Check and that office and will never go back and I strongly encourage other women not to go there because I dont want to see other women go through the horrible experience I did.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Yes I and my sister are "Check" babies. I'm 32 and my sister is 24. The past 4 years has been what I call a "roller coaster!" I have tried everything from natural conception, IUIs and lastly IVF. Could I have went right to IVF, I'm sure but wanting to have every option I did. After a few miscarriages, Dr. Check said it's time to move to IVF. I had high FSH and very low progesterone. That was my only tribulation. With his staff of nurses, receptionists and phlebotomists, etc by my side all these years our first IVF was successful. Our twin frat. boys were born healthy after a 7 week stay at the hospital due to low fluid in baby A. 6 months later myself and my two best friends have their twins ages 4 months (she came to Dr. Check from elsewhere of 8 failed IVF) B/Gnand 4 years B/G also from Dr. Check and his staff. We can't wait to get all the twins together this summer for a photoshoot! I am open about my infertility and recommend Dr. Check to anyone who has infertility.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014