Ratings for Dr. Edward Kowlowitz

I was in a head on collision about a year ago. I have chronic back pain from a bulging disk, disk degeneration, and facet arthrosis. I went to Dr. Kowlowitz after my physician retired. I met first with Sheila, the nurse practitioner. She treated me as if I were a drug addict. Her physical examination lasted about 45 seconds in which she threw my arms and legs around and forced my back into painful positions. She did not seem to care about the pain I was in, and she didn't write anything down. I can't believe that this woman could think that 45 seconds is adequate enough for a full evaluation (My evaluation with my physical therapist lasted almost an hour, and she took range of motion measurements, and asked me plenty of questions about my pain) Dr. Kowlowitz was no better. The first thing he said was "we won't give you drugs" which was NOT why I was there. He didn't believe I was in pain and tried pushing procedures on me. He was arrogant and demeaning, and I was totally humiliated.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Dr. Edward Kowlowitz's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1987)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio