Ratings for Dr. Paul Draper

I recently posted a review of Dr. Draper and it appears to have been removed. I agree with most of the comments in this review but I had a rather unpleasant incident with him. In my pre-op session he belittled me for a mixup with my meds. This was in front of my wife, the three other patients and Dr. Lu. If not in a state after a 24 month wait for hip replacement I would have taken him on. Of course he has the psychological upper hand in these situations and took advantage of it. Frank McEvoy

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

I can't say enough about Dr. Draper. He has a way of making any anxiety about surgery go away with his easy going manner and the way he just listens sometimes. Even though he was not involved with my last surgery, he showed great concern about my previous health challenges, and reassured me I would be fine. That alone made me feel at ease going into surgery. Its very hard to explain but he just has a reassuring presence about him and you feel like you have known him forever...

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr Draper is an exceptional Doctor, I concur with all comments below and would like to add the level of care, knowledge and comfort he had shown pre and post surgery truly tells how exceptional a doctor he is!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

We had Dr Draper for my daughters tonsillectomy. He made her feel very comfortable and relaxed going in for her first surgery. He made sure she knew what was going on and included her in what he was doing to get her prepped for surgery. There were no tears and she went off to "sleep" relaxed and comfortable. He came to her room later that day to check on her (and mom and dad) to make sure we were all doing well.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I also had Dr. Draper for my bariatric surgery at Richmond Hospital. I TOTALLY STRONGLY AGREE WITH EVERY COMMENTS “ Dr. Draper is an exceptional doctor. He is a very capable and knowledgeable doctor. He has an outstanding personality and made me feel confident, relaxed, trusting, and cared for me very well throughout the process. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Dr. Draper and Team.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

I had Dr. Draper for my bariatric surgery at Richmond General Hospital. He is a very good doctor, and cares about his patients. His compassion, and skill at keeping patients calm are something else. He also knows how to manage your condition after the surgery too! If you get him, then you know that you're in excellent hands :)

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I recently went in for a simple knee surgery. During my pre-op appointment Dr. Draper not only answered all of my questions and calmed my nerves but listened to my heart. During his listen he heard a heart murmur so he sent me for an echocardiogram. When the results came back Dr. Draper called me personally to have me come in to meet with Him and explain the abnormality. He took the time to contact my MD so they could discuss how to handle it and when I went back in to the hospital for my surgery four days later, Dr. Draper had found and booked me an appointment with a cardiologist. Dr. Draper is incredible at what he does and is clearly passionate about his job and his patients well being. It's very possible that those extra few minutes he took to listen to heart saved my life. Thank you Dr. D!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

My mom just had her right eye cataract surgery, she is truly blessed with Dr. Draper attending to her. His care and concerns had made my 87 yrs old mom felt totally relaxed. He is such a wonderful human being, a true gift from God !

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Wonderful doctor. Obviously loves his job and cares for his patients. He was my anaesthetist at Richmond Hospital for my knee surgery. An hour after I returned home, I noticed I was bleeding fairly heavily. I was advised to return to the hospital and go to emergency. Upon being wheeled in to the crazy busy emergency ward I ran into Dr. Draper, leaving for the day. He noticed my bleeding, wheeled me back to surgical care and stitched me up. The next day I got a follow-up call to check on how I was doing. I have to tag on that the nursing staff at the hospital were great too.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I recently had Septoplasty surgery and was very anxious (to say the least) about it. During the pre-op process a week before the surgery I met with the Anaesthetist, Dr Draper. He was very concerned about my anxiety and spent 30-40 minutes with me explaining the procedure and, more importantly, addressing my anxiety. He showed me what I have experienced with too few doctors... he sincerely cared about me and how I was feeling. He was very calm in talking to me and did not talk ‘down’ to me and was not condescending. He was a “10” even on this scale of 5. Thank you so very much, Dr Draper... I cannot overly express my sincere appreciation. You are a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015