Ratings for Dr. Paul Draper

Wonderful doctor. Obviously loves his job and cares for his patients. He was my anaesthetist at Richmond Hospital for my knee surgery. An hour after I returned home, I noticed I was bleeding fairly heavily. I was advised to return to the hospital and go to emergency. Upon being wheeled in to the crazy busy emergency ward I ran into Dr. Draper, leaving for the day. He noticed my bleeding, wheeled me back to surgical care and stitched me up. The next day I got a follow-up call to check on how I was doing. I have to tag on that the nursing staff at the hospital were great too.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I recently had Septoplasty surgery and was very anxious (to say the least) about it. During the pre-op process a week before the surgery I met with the Anaesthetist, Dr Draper. He was very concerned about my anxiety and spent 30-40 minutes with me explaining the procedure and, more importantly, addressing my anxiety. He showed me what I have experienced with too few doctors... he sincerely cared about me and how I was feeling. He was very calm in talking to me and did not talk ‘down’ to me and was not condescending. He was a “10” even on this scale of 5. Thank you so very much, Dr Draper... I cannot overly express my sincere appreciation. You are a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I recently had surgery, and as always was most concerned with the amount of nausea I would experience post-surgery. Dr Draper met with me before hand and we came up with a plan that totally worked - I had NO nausea whatsoever. I felt like it was a miracle! Additionally, he's just a really nice guy who was easy to talk to. I will be heading back to Richmond in a couple of months for follow-up surgery and I plan to request him...not sure if it's possible to request an anesthetist, but I'm going to try!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Dr.Draper listened to all of my concerns and was extremely thorough with his work. I went through a 4 hour ear surgery with him as my anesthegiologist and normally get extremely ill, however he managed to calm my nausea and I never experienced it at all!! I was blown away with dr. Draper, thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Draper recently helped my young daughter prepare for her first surgery. He met with her in advance of her surgery (due to her age) and went out of his way to make her experience not a terrifying one. He joked with her, gave her a nickname and tried to distract her right up until he took her into the OR. His care and kindness was amazing. We are so thankful to have met him and our daughter's first surgery couldn't have been any better, thanks to him!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Draper is one of the best doctors I have ever met in my life. Before my surgery, his positive and reassuring attitude made the surgery much easier on me. His explanations are clear, concise, and easy to understand. He went out of his way during surgery to help me with problems that I was unaware of and alerted me of possible cures for my other problems which I would never have known of. He is not only a doctor but a friend. Even after 16 months of my surgery he still followed up on my case and gave me crucial information to update me on my condition. I am truly lucky to have met such an extraordinary human being. Anyone who has a chance to meet Dr. Draper will surely agree with me.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

He is not only a good doctor but a very cheerful hearted human. His attention to details and his genuine concerns towards his patiends is amazing. He is has an amazing gift to put his patients to ease. Dr. Draper is truly a gift to mankind!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

agreed with the mother hen comment. excellent doctor, genuinely caring towards his patients and great attention to detail

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr Draper was amazing. Very good attention to detail, and confident in his work. Excellent Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

He is like a mother hen. his attention to detail is unsurpassed. He is a brilliant man, with a genuine concern for you. If you have the chance to meet him it will turn your unpleasant expience into a possitive.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007