Ratings for Dr. Paul Draper

We had Dr Draper for my daughters tonsillectomy. He made her feel very comfortable and relaxed going in for her first surgery. He made sure she knew what was going on and included her in what he was doing to get her prepped for surgery. There were no tears and she went off to "sleep" relaxed and comfortable. He came to her room later that day to check on her (and mom and dad) to make sure we were all doing well.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I also had Dr. Draper for my bariatric surgery at Richmond Hospital. I TOTALLY STRONGLY AGREE WITH EVERY COMMENTS “ Dr. Draper is an exceptional doctor. He is a very capable and knowledgeable doctor. He has an outstanding personality and made me feel confident, relaxed, trusting, and cared for me very well throughout the process. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Dr. Draper and Team.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

I had Dr. Draper for my bariatric surgery at Richmond General Hospital. He is a very good doctor, and cares about his patients. His compassion, and skill at keeping patients calm are something else. He also knows how to manage your condition after the surgery too! If you get him, then you know that you're in excellent hands :)

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I recently went in for a simple knee surgery. During my pre-op appointment Dr. Draper not only answered all of my questions and calmed my nerves but listened to my heart. During his listen he heard a heart murmur so he sent me for an echocardiogram. When the results came back Dr. Draper called me personally to have me come in to meet with Him and explain the abnormality. He took the time to contact my MD so they could discuss how to handle it and when I went back in to the hospital for my surgery four days later, Dr. Draper had found and booked me an appointment with a cardiologist. Dr. Draper is incredible at what he does and is clearly passionate about his job and his patients well being. It's very possible that those extra few minutes he took to listen to heart saved my life. Thank you Dr. D!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

My mom just had her right eye cataract surgery, she is truly blessed with Dr. Draper attending to her. His care and concerns had made my 87 yrs old mom felt totally relaxed. He is such a wonderful human being, a true gift from God !

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Wonderful doctor. Obviously loves his job and cares for his patients. He was my anaesthetist at Richmond Hospital for my knee surgery. An hour after I returned home, I noticed I was bleeding fairly heavily. I was advised to return to the hospital and go to emergency. Upon being wheeled in to the crazy busy emergency ward I ran into Dr. Draper, leaving for the day. He noticed my bleeding, wheeled me back to surgical care and stitched me up. The next day I got a follow-up call to check on how I was doing. I have to tag on that the nursing staff at the hospital were great too.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I recently had Septoplasty surgery and was very anxious (to say the least) about it. During the pre-op process a week before the surgery I met with the Anaesthetist, Dr Draper. He was very concerned about my anxiety and spent 30-40 minutes with me explaining the procedure and, more importantly, addressing my anxiety. He showed me what I have experienced with too few doctors... he sincerely cared about me and how I was feeling. He was very calm in talking to me and did not talk ‘down’ to me and was not condescending. He was a “10” even on this scale of 5. Thank you so very much, Dr Draper... I cannot overly express my sincere appreciation. You are a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I recently had surgery, and as always was most concerned with the amount of nausea I would experience post-surgery. Dr Draper met with me before hand and we came up with a plan that totally worked - I had NO nausea whatsoever. I felt like it was a miracle! Additionally, he's just a really nice guy who was easy to talk to. I will be heading back to Richmond in a couple of months for follow-up surgery and I plan to request him...not sure if it's possible to request an anesthetist, but I'm going to try!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Dr.Draper listened to all of my concerns and was extremely thorough with his work. I went through a 4 hour ear surgery with him as my anesthegiologist and normally get extremely ill, however he managed to calm my nausea and I never experienced it at all!! I was blown away with dr. Draper, thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Draper recently helped my young daughter prepare for her first surgery. He met with her in advance of her surgery (due to her age) and went out of his way to make her experience not a terrifying one. He joked with her, gave her a nickname and tried to distract her right up until he took her into the OR. His care and kindness was amazing. We are so thankful to have met him and our daughter's first surgery couldn't have been any better, thanks to him!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015