Ratings for Dr. Maria M. Garcia

Dr. Garcia and her staff are always courteous, helpful and professional. She's been my doctor's for many years and I would recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Garcia herself is good but her staff is horrible. I am almost never able to get them to answer the phone and when I do finally get to speak to someone and tell them how long I had been trying they got defensive and wanted to know exactly when I called. Does it matter? They didn't answer the phone. I have been in the waiting room and heard the phone ring while they chit chat behind the desk. Their attitudes leave a lot to be desired. They act as if they are being bothered. Very very rude. Today they left a message cancelling my appointment that was for tomorrow morning. Been calling all afternoon to speak to someone and no answer. Shocking. The message said they rescheduled me for next week but didn't speak to me about when I could come in. It is ridiculous. I thought it would get better when the awful office manager left but I think it has gotten worse.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Dr. Garcia and her staff are very impersonal and insincere. The vists felt rushed and she wasn't able to answer my questions in words that the average person can understand. Her staff seemed like they don't like their job. Her practice has a bad atmosphere and poor service. Do some more reasearch and see a different doctor.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Doctor is very good and very diligent with prescriptions. However, her staff leaves me on hold for 8 to 10 minutes every time I call to reschedule or refill medications.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

I never been to a Dr like this staff are the most unhelpful the Dr is just not nowledge...

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

Following my recent Thyroidectomy my surgeon stated to me that I should give Dr. Garcia a call concerning upping the doses of my med. I called her office the next day and spoke with her front desk staff( a staff that leaves alot to be desired). I was told I would receive a return call, but never did.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Her staff is not very friendly, not sure if they are overworked. Dr. Garcia was able to diagnose my PCOS syndrome and I have reacted well to my medications. I learned not to schedule morning appts with her, I think afternoon is better.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2008

Dr. Garcia ordered a million tests when I first saw her even though I brought my entire chart. She scheduled two tests at the hospital for me on the same day. One of the tests required me to drink barium sulfate. The other test required me to drink 1.5-2L of water and not go to the bathroom. What she failed to mention is that I can't do both tests on the same day and I shouldn't drive myself to the hospital. I wished I had known this BEFORE doing what was ordered. Basically, I showed up at the hospital prepared to do both. When the nurse found out what I was having done that day, she only let me do one. She said patients often don't drive themselves because of the b.sulfate side effects. I unfortunately had 3 side effects: diarrhea, weakness, and nausea. I ended up going into my car, slept in the parking lot for 10 min. hoping the effects would wear off. I miserably drove home and passed out as soon as I got home. Dr. Garcia clearly didn't pay enough attention to her patient.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007

Dr. Maria M. Garcia's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)