Ratings for Dr. Stephen W. George

I have been going to Dr. George since 2007 and he is absolutely amazing! I have never had or met a doctor that is as knowledgeable, caring, and supportive. He really knows every one of his patients and wants the best for them. I would give him 100 stars if I could!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Doctor George is incredible! He is amazing. I don't know where I'd be without him. If you have the opportunity to go to him, do it.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

The best. Gentle and amazing with my toddler; firm but thorough with me on getting the right plan going. Doesn't even compare to Children's Hospital rheumatology. Dr. George is the best! Highly recommend for pediatric rheumatology!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr. George is one of a kind. I came to see him a few years ago and was diagnosed with Lupus. He has saved my life. He is quick to return my calls and makes me feel like he truly cares for me and my well being. He has been there for me when other doctors have failed me. When in doubt I turn to him to guide through any and all of my medical issues. I valve his opinion. I recommend him to my loved ones because I know they will be in good hands. He’s someone I count on and cherish. I wouldn’t be here living a wonderful mobile life without him.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Dr George graciously fit us in for a consultation on our son who has developed arthritis. After a thorough discussion of his symptoms and a thorough exam, he spent an impressive amount of time explaining his findings and the likely diagnosis, as well as the plans for further evaluation and management. It's such a relief to understand what is going on with our son and to know that someone knows how to treat it, correctly. He was wonderful with our son who also felt very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Dr. George was very helpful on my last visit. I am returning again for follow-up exam. I felt very comfortable and at ease with him. He has a nice sense of humor. He's very knowledgeable and took the time to explain my ailments to me.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I had been seeing Stephen George's partner Matthew Bunyard since 1995. When Dr. Bunyard was moving out-of-state, I asked him which of his partners would be most likely not to put up with me. He recommended Dr. George. Stephen Georrge is a pleasure. He is as on top of everything. His staff is good. Getting an appointment is easy and I've always been in and out in under an hour. The three people I have met who are patients of Drs George and Gertler are thrilled with them.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

My son, now 3, loves Dr. George! Dr. George is very gentle with children and their families. This may come from being a dad x 4. He's also very thorough. Have arthritis? He has said that he's never managed an untreatable case of arthritis - he's been great at helping us to manage ours. From DC, the drive is long but straight, and parking is not an issue. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2008

I was fortunate to have Dr. George diagnose and bring me through my serious health crisis. He quickly put me on the necessary medications. I found his manner taciturn and a bit arrogant. He seems somewhat introverted, and dealing with an obviously busy practice. However, I never doubted his compassion and skill as a diagnostician. I have since left his practice, but would not hesitate to consult him in the future.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2008

Dr. George was pleasant enough in the two times that we saw him, although he offered no new suggestions for the pain that my daughter experiences due to her fibromyalgia. When we were going through an extremely difficult period and I called his office for advice, repeatedly over a period of two weeks, he did not return my calls, even though the office staff told me that he had received them. When his office finally did call me, it was to ask a completely extraneous question unrelated to her pain. Under no circumstances do I plan to have her return to this office where there seems to be such a lack of compassion.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2007

Dr. Stephen W. George's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Ellicott City, MD