Ratings for Dr. Brett L. Mason

Dr Mason is literally a miracle worker in my opinion. I went to Dr Mc Guire for a simple meniscus tear and I never healed correctly. I was in extreme pain for a year when I finally went to Dr Mason I found out I was bone-on-bone and needed a total knee replacement. Since I am young for a knee replacement, Dr Mason suggested a high tibial osteotomy to give me a good 10 years before the replacement. This is MAJOR surgery with a long recovery time. Dr Mason also suggested a custom brace as an alternative. I wore the brace for 3 months and then I chose to do the surgery. I can't believe how AMAZING I feel now. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Mason and if I had gone to him the first time I would have been SO much better off!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I entered surgery fo rotator cuff repair. A week later I was in the emergency room with a massive hematoma which damaged mr brachaicial plexus. What followed was more than a year of physical therapy, a 3 month total disability from work, and loss of function for my arm. Despite excellent therapy I still do not have full use of my right arm 20 months after surgery.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Very knowledgable and supportive. Worked well with other doctors to provide successful outcome. Very supportive staff. If I ever need another procedure it will be with Dr Mason

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr, Mason is by far the best Dr. I have ever had. I have now had 3 seperate surgeries for various injuries, he has been GREAT! Very honest, Dr. Mason is an incredible surgeon. And I LOVE his staff..

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

He was the best doctor I have ever had. I have nothing but great things to say about my ACL repair. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Dr. Mason is the Best! He has repaired my ACL in my right knee, repaired rotator cuff in my right shoulder, and recently repaired rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I am 100% happy and would highly recommend him for knee or shoulder repairs. He is the Doc that the Docs go to. That should say it all!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

Dr. Mason did a fantastic job repairing my rotator cuff. I was pleasantly surprised after my nerve block was removed and the anesthesia wore off. I didn't require any painkillers. Not at all bad for three days post surgery.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Came highly recommended from another respected MD in Alaska. Have seen Dr. Mason and his staff for three separate surgeries, two ACL knee surgeries and a shoulder operation. Dr. Mason knows how to relate to patients and make them feel comfortable in what can often be an unpleasant situation, but when it comes to the medical side of it he is all business and gives you honest straight forward advice. He doesn't have pre-planned recommendations for every injury, and will handle your situation on an individual basis for what's best for you presently and in the future. Have recommended Dr. Mason and his staff to many friends and family.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

He did a great job on our shoulder surgeries. He's awesome at explaining things in layman terms so we could understand and cares about his patients. I've recommended him to my friends, he's an excellent surgeon and helpful staff too.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Brett L. Mason's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1984)